Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Mountain Bluebird
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Photo Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• AQ - Love the poem! Only 30 degrees. No wonder you can't wait for the cooler weather to arrive.

Amy is a lot better today. Her Mum checked her levels every three hours during the night and daughter and I were messaging each other at these times. She (Amy) seems to have escaped admission to hospital, this time. Hospital doc said that the childrens' ward was pretty full, there is a nasty virus doing the rounds. Looks like that is what Amy has had.

So it looks as if they will be able to join us for the family meal this evening. Roast lamb etc. Amy wants to come, she can lie down and rest if she feels poorly. maybe we all will need to wear surgical masks :-)))

The 'boys' (50 and 42!) are being collected by eldest daughter and her OH at 10am today. Glenfiddich distillery this time, if I remember correctly. And a whisky shop at Dufftown. Tomorrow, a visit to a cooperage. I may tag along  - distilleries don't interest me but wooden barrels might - just might.

• Sorry, meant to say good morning to everyone!

It was with a huge amount of trepidation that I emailed three entries to the monthly competition which our local Photographic Society runs.  Each month has a different theme (this coming month's is Indoors) and you have a choice of b&w or colour, and also emailed Jpeg or print.  I had great fun wielding my camera indoors, though poor old Limpy wasn't overly happy about being in two of the photos.  Happily for him the lovely cockatiel sitting with him took centre stage!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Annette/Diane - what worries me about your side of the Pond is that the new President has only been in office for eight days and already he's managed to upset so many countries.  This does not bode well for any of us over the next four years ... every day I listen to the radio with a 'What Now?' question in my mind.   And someone really should close his Twitter account.

And yes, having just got back from church I am watching the tennis!  Looks as though it could go to a fifth set ... then have to watch the final day of golf from Qatar, followed by the bowls final.  What a busy day!!  And I've got soooooo much I should be doing ...

• Yay!  Federer, at the age of 35, has won!  Who'd have believed it?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yes, Clare - what a super match.  Glad to see Nadal playing well again, but I really wanted Roger to win.  And what gracious speeches from both of them.  I know it’s a cliché, but tennis was the winner in Australia today.  Two gentlemen playing a very sportsman-like match with no histrionics ... great to see.

And now the golf looks as though it could go to extra time.

• I've just read that Mo Farah (Somalian born) can no longer enter the US - apparently he's been living there for years.  What a palaver.  This whole situation is just unbelievable.

• I managed a quick trip to Felixstowe Ferry this morning - click on this rather blue photo to see the rest:

We've just had a lovely wren on our garden fence!

• Havn't seen a wren for ages. ( My tablet just put "wrench" LOL!!)

Been busy. Trying to get stuff done, plus my OH sometimes gets a bit miffed when I spend a long time online.

This morning, we dug over (alright, alright HE dug, whilst I directed operations....) a small flower bed near the house which had got overgrown with some plants plus quite a few spready weeds. We decided it would be better to dig it all out, except for a fuchsia bush, and start again. We also planted in it a number of bulbs which Bonnie had given me for Christmas to make up for digging up a lot of things last summer!

Clare - Thanks for posting pics of your boat trip. Handy to know someone who can take you out on the water. I try to go on boat trips on holidays, as there is often such a different view from that angle. It can give you a whole new perspective.

• Hooray for Federer!!  I missed it all, of course, whilst out in the garden. But he seems to have managed to pull off his amazing comeback without me.

• Lindybird said:
    Thanks for posting pics of your boat trip. Handy to know someone who can take you out on the water. I try to go on boat trips on holidays, as there is often such a different view from that angle. It can give you a whole new perspective.

I can totally agree with this.  Additionally, I love the water and I'd never turn down a chance to get out on it.

Our friendly neighbourhood sparrowhawk has just charged through and cleared the trees of all the pigeons!