Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Hello from very icy Indiana.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Cardinal on Ice
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright-Free)

• Good evening, all.  We've been to Abberton Reservoir today - and I'm now uploading my photos, more than 600 of them!  I do get carried away when it comes to water and beautiful light conditions.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good evening.  Still not feeling much like joining in, but everyone else is making an effort, so I thought I should try.

Beautiful day here – healthily cold after all that warm damp stuff, blue sky and all-day sunshine, with noticeably longer sunset.  Builders finished the main construction front and back!  The front was much easier to do, but after collecting final materials from his yard, the boss finished the back while the other two worked at the front, which he helped with at the end.  One of them will return next Saturday to clean all the surfaces and leave it all neat when the mortar has finished setting, but we can go ahead and arrange for the rails which the council will provide.

Not been able to go outside at all today (or anywhere ese) – left leg has been in agony, can’t weight-bear at all.  Taking extra painkillers and hoping it will right itself overnight.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Unknown said:
    Still not feeling much like joining in, but everyone else is making an effort, so I thought I should try.

Well done.  I know it's hard.

Unknown said:
    Builders finished the main construction front and back!

Yay!  Really pleased to hear this.  I hope the council sort the rails out quickly.

Unknown said:
    Not been able to go outside at all today (or anywhere ese) – left leg has been in agony, can’t weight-bear at all.  Taking extra painkillers and hoping it will right itself overnight.

Ouch - that's not so good.  I hope it improves soon.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG -  Great that they're nearly finished.  You will benefit from it once you're able to get about again. Sorry that your leg is causing such pain. I do hope that it will feel better tomorrow after you've rested.

Must go, dinner on the stove!

• If you'd like to see a few photos from Abberton click on this motley gang: