Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Hello from very icy Indiana.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Cardinal on Ice
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright-Free)

• Hello, all.

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting. I spent several days pet-sitting for friends in Indianapolis while they vacationed in Mexico. I was held up there longer than expected. Then I went to Lafayette to spend the Christmas holiday with my brother's kids.

After I arrived back home, I came down with pneumonia (or some Caribbean bug that my friends brought back!!!). I haven't had much energy or concentration, but I'm rallying nicely now.

I'll try to pop in more often. I just negotiated a big freelance job, but it doesn't begin until next month, so I thankfully have some time to get myself together.

Here's a photo of a bird that my friend brought back for me from Mexico. She got it from a shop that sells handmade artisan goods. I'm calling it an Osprey! LOL!

Take care everyone.

• I've read all of your news, but I won't try to make replies to everyone. I did want to say:

Heather: I know this has been an unfathomably difficult time for you. I was glad to read that your family and friends are being supportive. I wish there were something that I could do. I'm sending comfort and solace to you.

Brenda: I'm so very sorry that you're so ill, and I hope you are recovering. Very best wishes and healing to you. 

Margo: My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you strength.

dibnlib: I'm very sorry about your mother.

Clare: I hope you and everyone on this forum are now safe from the awful weather in the U.K.

OG: I hope that builder will get his **** in gear and get your steps built next week! He doesn't want to make me come over there!

AQ: That was some bad weather your region experienced. Glad you're okay. I enjoyed the stories about the little ones. I also was glad to read about the offspring of Lizarda da Vinci!

Annette: I was happy to hear that you're getting the much needed rain. I hope Lightning is doing okay now. Did you see or hear the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch this morning?

I apologize to those I didn't mention. I hope you are all well and happy.

• Oh, one other thing.

Lindy: I saved this link for you because I thought you would enjoy it. I loved it. It's called "The Sky of Lanzarote."

• Diane: Hi there! Good to see you and thanks for starting us off with that lovely image of the cardinal. The "osprey" is a hoot! What part of Mexico did your friends visit?  No surprise you came down with a nasty bug after all you've been through. Here's to warmer, kinder days ahead. Hurray for the big freelance job; here's to more of them! Missed the Space X launch but glad it took off - and landed - successfully.  Lightning is fine; we don't have to take her back to the vet for another two months unless something untoward happens.  I'm busy with my freelance gig (tiny but regular) which has been a pain this time as one of the items the editor sent me turned out to be unsuitable, something I didn't find out until I started writing it and called the source because something seemed "off". Managed to find a substitute, but overall this issue hasn't gone smoothly. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about: When you start a project and something goes wrong right at the start - and then things just keep going wrong. Aaack. That's the May issue; now we're already onto the June one. 

Heather: I'm also pleased to read that your family is popping in - good job none of us on the thread live nearby or you wouldn't get a moment's peace. Do go back to Denmark with your friends and stay as long as you can.

Plopped in front of the TV here and about to do formatting work on my freelance gig - something I can do with one eye on the TV.

Hope Sunday is good, especially to those who are ailing and, of course, to any lurkers. :-)

• Thank you for starting us off, Diane, and it is good to “see” you again. I hope are on the mend.

Dau & Co visited beach this morn before it was too hot. At lunchtime they came here (1 km from beach) with their sand and fish & chips (latter a treat for Littlies, not to mention Dau!). Dau searched for Lizarda to show Littlies. I was surprised s/he was putting up with all the noise and attention. But then I took a peek and it was not Lizarda but a wee garden skink. Family all came inside to deposit sand in our shower before descending on toy box. When I showed twins their almost-finished vests – only need side seams sewn - they declared vests were “broken”. Then it was off home for a nap, unless they had it in car. (Not s-i-l who was driving!!!)

• AQ: They left sand only in the shower? Sounds like a nice visit; hope it cools down soon.

• Good Morning, Everyone.  Slightly warmer here but it's still going to be wet - where does all the water come from? 

Thanks to Diane for starting us off so beautifully again. (I've not seen your link yet as it won't play on my tablet, but it looks exciting! - will have a go on my desktop, later.)

Meanwhile, here is today's pic:

"I LOOK VERY NEAT AGAINST MY BACKDROP OF AN ANIMAL PRINT BACKGROUND - AND IVE GOT A NEW HAIRDO!"

• Good morning, all.  The weather here has done a complete about-face - after the glorious sunlight of yesterday we're now going to get a day of rain!  Oh, well, it's better than snow.

I eventually managed to post my photos from yesterday's visit to Lackford Lakes - if you click on this adorable rabbit you'll see a few more:

Love the giraffe, Lindy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:
    AQ: They left sand only in the shower? Sounds like a nice visit; hope it cools down soon.

The soap was very gritty when I showered this eve LOL. No hope of cool weather - it is heating up again - just in time for the Tour DownUnder. That'll test those from UpOver!

• I've also posted a few snaps of a bit of an argument between some Egyptian geese - click on the picture to see more:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.