Loch Garten GABFEST in hibernation for January and February, 2017

• Good morning all. June love the lavender fields and I used to live near these fields of lavender and smell wonderful! I think they grow it for oil and scent. Great for bees!

• June I am keeping my original guesses. Who knows I could be right! Doubtful though. Just a month to go before we can expect the arrival of our dear ospreys just hope they all arrive safe and well. Always an anxious time ! Rutlands 30(05) will be leavind her beautiful beach soon to come home to a dull, cloudy and cold Britain !

• Unknown said:

Is this picture familiar to anyone?

Yes very familiar will never forget it - I lost my youngest son in a field identical to this not in Kent though but in the lavender fields of Jersey. We used to go camping when all the children were young and the youngest had not been walking long maybe he was about 15 months old. In a moment he slipped us out of the tent door and when I followed him he had disappeared in seconds. We all went off in differing directions to search and I went to the back of the tent pitched by the fence adjoining a similar lavender field. Fortunately I spotted some time later a little white tuft of hair moving just level with the top of the lavender. He was happy still sipping from his favourite juice cup walking amongst it. He did smell lovely when we got him back to the tent.

• 58Willow - Yes only 5/6 weeks before the ospreys come home and tonight it is minus 10 in The Highlands.

30(05) will probably be the first we will hear of returning. She is consistent leaving her wintering grounds March 11 - March 10 and March 10 over the past 3 years and races home as long as the weather is favourable.

• So sad to hear about Brenda. A lovely Lady.  RIP Brenda

• Sadly, I now have to report that we have lost another well loved member of the Osprey Group, Margobird, who died peacefully in a hospice, last night.

She loved the ospreys and followed their progress with enthusiasm.  She will be sadly missed.

• Very sad, Lindybird.  I never met Margo but I know she loved the Ospreys.  RIP, Margobird.

Kind regards, Ann

• Oh dear, Lindybird. Thankyou for letting us know the very sad news. Thoughts go to her husband who must be absolutely devastated. RIP Margobird

• Lindybird I thank you for the news of Margo and also thank Mike for posting the news on Osprey FB Page.

I have posted my extended deep and heartfelt sympathies to her family on both the Osprey FB page and on the thread Weekly Chat (Non Osprey).

• 58Willow - I am not sure if you access FB. Chris Wood who is presently out in Gambia visited Bullok again to look at FR3 from LOTL and has posted some fantastic shots of FR3.

This is one of his photos. I have asked Chris in the past if it is OK to post a couple of his pictures for those who do not access FB and he said certainly. Please however be advised these are Chris's pictures.

I am still out in Azerbaijan at present but am looking forward to the 2017 season and especially FR3. I live close to LOTL and regularly visit and did spend a lot of time at the nest in 2015 watching FR3 grow from an egg to migration. It will be interesting if FR3 makes a full return this year and visits LOTL and if FR3 will land on the nest and what reaction.