WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2016

I was going to say Have a good week all, but I know some of us are going through bumpy times right now, so will just send hugs and encouragement to everyone in those circumstances.

Rained here this morning, bright and breezy this afternoon. Did a lot of garden work and now enjoying an early glass of wine - as they say "The sun is over the yardarm - somewhere!"

Take care all.

• DIANE's brother came safely through surgery - and she herself at last has a place to lie down and get some rest while he sleeps.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Nice to get good news to start the day - thanks OG. I do hope that Diane can get some rest.

• Good Morning.  Dry here but rather grey.  I had a good night, and feel so much better. My OH is off for a couple of hours of golf, so I'm busy packing up a few things.

• Linda – good to see you are already feeling better.

OH is going early down to the church as he helps set up for the monthly lunches – back to Soup & Sweet after the summer specials!  I shall have a leisurely morning and he will fetch me later.   Also eating out this evening – all three of us having a pre-performance supper before a Blues Band performance at Langholm.

Thinking of all who are unwell or have sick family members.

• Weather - dry but threatening, dark, warm and windy.

• It's raining here, now, but supposed to stop soon.

Have a good evening, OG and EE!

• Good Morning Everyone. Dry and sunny at the moment.

OH and myself have not had a proper night's sleep for the last four nights ! We have been restless and disturbing each other throughout. We have had a few tea parties during the night.  

D-i-L is having more tests and endoscopy today. She will see a consultant next Friday in London. Both she and our son arrive on the Thursday.

OG, Thank you so much for news of Diane and her brother. I will certainly keep both of them in my prayers.

Linda, Hope your new AB's continue to work and you enjoy your stay in Wales.

Just off to hang second load of washing outside. 

• OG thanks for updating us about Diane and her brother, she will need a good sleep afrer the trauma of the last few days.

• Rain here now - quite heavy  Going to phone OH and tell him not to bother fetching me for lunch - don't want to get wet and need another shower to go out this evening - and I don't feel very sociable anyway!

BRENDA - sorry you two aren't sleeping.  Sounds as if doctors are being very thorough with your Daughter-in-Law - but pleased she is returning to the UK - and your Son with her.  Will Penny have to be quarantined if she comes with them?

• Better news at last for DIANE thank goodness.

BRENDA    thinking of you and your family.

I have been looking forward to a friends visit on Monday before she and her lovely OH were to take a few days break up North. Unfortunately it may have to be postponed. She Emailed me this morning to say that her brothers Father in Law has died and as she has known him since childhood she will certainly want to go to the funeral. At the moment they don't know when that will be. I'll just have to wait and see.

We decided we wanted more fresh fruit so took a drive to "Hardmuir" then on to Brodie where OH thought he would get a nice birthday card for his sister. Unfortunately no card was deemed suitable. I however managed to get some food delicacies, a cushion with a hare on it and a new 4 wheeled suitcase that will fit as cabin baggage. There was 1/3 off so I was very pleased. Now O/H needs to get one as well. He couldn't get another like mine as it is Joules and a little on the flowery side for his liking!!!