WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2016

Evening all;  now popping back to catch up on all your news.

MaryGK: Alaska ferries are definitely for folks who are happy to rough it, sort of.  I wouldn't mind it if I knew I had a comfy hotel near the dock.

BrendaH: Good luck looking for the jacket to go with that dress.   Thanks for news of Margo and OH's doings - great to know they're enjoying themselves.

Heather: Don't think my OH would worry about my disposing of kitchen stuff; on the other hand the garage (which he also doesn't frequent) might be harder to clean out.    Chocolate teapot?  :-))    Cornish pasties - yum yum.

Rosy: Daughter has always had a menagerie (pigs, goats, peacock, horses, dogs, etc.) now it's horses, ducks, dog and floppy-eared bunny.  I just have her ancient cat which caught one bird yesterday and two today!  Pesky puss.  :-(

Hi to everyone else.

• Here are some more Flower Show pics:  

The chap with the (expensive) amazing models of famous characters was there again, he had Alice in Wonderland, underneath the Cheshire Cat:

And the Mad Hatter:

A larger version of Alice:

A sign which I was tempted to buy.......

• Some of the gardens:  Folks were invited to wander around this one, with blocks of colour, very pretty.

This plaque was on display, if you can enlarge you might be able to read it:

In this garden......

• Annette thanks for the compliment, can't say it is much fun at times but onwards and upwards as they say yes Billie does take a dim view when we go out for any length of time but forgives us after a while bless her.

Sisrer went back to the doctor this afternoon where she saw a different doctor. Has had her aorta checked and doctor says it is fine. Mum had this so she was obviously worried. Just before she left the results of a urine sample came in and horror of horrors it shows an e-coli infection. Now prescribed a large dose of antibiotics and an urgent request for an endoscopy sent to hospital. No idea how this has happened but no wonder she was feeling so awful.

Lindy lovely pics again and i want the "Save water and drink Prosecco" sign. Takes me back to our holidays in Italy when we always had one before our our evening dinner.

• Lindybird: Make that two "Prosecco" signs please.

Margo: A good job your sister went to doc and got a definitive diagnosis. Do hope the ABs will work quickly and endoscopy (that's what I was thinking of) will be done soonest.  At least her aorta's in good shape.  

• Good Morning, All.  Sunny here, and a good day promised.  Must do some gardening. Yesterday held the ladder whilst my OH cut the tops off two holly trees which are getting too big. Our plums are ripening so he hopes to make jam.  He is out at golf now so I can spend a morning pottering about.

Hope OG is resting and improving.

• Sad to hear that the Badger cull is going to be extensively extended. In spite of their connection to disease being unproven.

• It makes you wonder why they're really culling them.  It's certainly not a good sign of things to come from Defra.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Margo – I have a picture of you buzzing around like Annette’s Energizer Bunny with Billie looking on bemused!!!!

Heather – Do you have a freezer? You can bake quiche, pasties, pies, etc and freeze them for quick meals during your kitchen upheaval.

Linda – More great flower show pics. Thank you.

OG – Hope you are OK.

With OH out for nanny duty this arvo, I cleared out 2 shelves of pantry cupboard – that’s really 4 shelves! I won’t say how much found its way into rubbish bin. Quite a lot when you remember I hardly did any cooking from April to July. More to do another day when knee recovers.

• Good Morning Everyone. A beautiful sunny morning. Gardener came yesterday and cut all the back hedges and the ones , which edge right down our Close. He also measured for a raised bed, which he will be making for us. Cut out new beds and dug them over etc. We have some progress at last, except he will be going on holiday for three weeks shortly.
    OH playing an internal club competition semi final this morning. He is already through to two finals, which will be played on club finals day in a couple of weeks.

Margo, So sorry to hear the result of your sister's test's. Hope the endoscopy is soon. I know that you have such a close relationship.
    Enjoy the forecast sunshine.

Linda, Your sister-i-L's garden must be like a fortress by now. Lovely pics from the flower show, but I still want the horse and foal from your previous photographs.

Heather, You really do sound so organised about your kitchen work. We'll done.

AQ, i think we all, at times, find out of date things in our kitchen cupboards and freezers. We do waste so much. Take care of your knee.

Annette, I think Lightning is into her second childhood. The sonar spike and granules have been despatched, but could take up to five days for delivery !! Meanwhile the mole has made even further progress across the lawn, with a couple of diversions.

• Brenda:  Good that your garden plans are going ahead, even if you will have to wait for him to have his holidays. Sorry about the active mole. :-(

Well done to your OH on the golf:  mine has won a competition which was supposed to be pairs, but his partner failed to turn up:  he won it on his own! (they take the best score for each hole from the pair)

Lovely & sunny here, but I've been too busy putting out cushion covers and throws on the w. line to sit down in the garden, and now I'm here trying to put more pics on so that I can sit out, later!

AQ;  Once you get the tidying out bug, its hard to stop!  I think you must be feeling better!