WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2016

Hope it's a good/better week for everyone.

• That is great to hear Annette, must have been good to see them closer to shore.  

Been to Threave, Loch Doon, Balgavies, Lochter, Loch Garten in both May and July, Loch of the Lowes, and a few wild nests too.   OH is not into them but he goes along suffering in silence no doubt lol....    He doesn't mind really, and quite likes to see other birds at the places we visit.  

• Mary: Well that sounds like a very relaxing way to spend the time. Hope the weather is good to you. Inspector Lewis is about to get his man, so I'm going to call it a night.  Take care and enjoy the birds.

• Thanks Annette, Lewis is not a programme I watch, but sometimes OH does.   You take care too :-)  

• Good Morning.  Super Special Sunday for GB!  What a lot of gold medals! We're so proud of our Olympians.

Had a really nice night out, as I've said.

Good to see MaryGK posting on this thread, and Thanks to Diane for posting the Lerwick link - fascinating.

Diane - Sorry you're having such a stressful, worrying time. {{HUGS}}

Brenda - How frustrating for you both, trying to get to the hospital appointment. I would have been cross about the battery. Hope all goes well for your OH.

• Good morning everyone

Thank you ANNETTE for starting the new week.

I've enjoyed reading all the news and chat and hope to be back here later with replies etc. Right now, the weather here is so good that I am going to abandon most inside jobs and do some garden work. We are coming to the end of the flower season so there is a lot of dead heading and sweeping up to do. Also must cut back garden grass. OH did some of it yesterday but his balance was bad - probably ear problems, he has been to GP before with this. He has gone to the bowling green so I hope he doesn't fall over.

• AQ - just looked at the page - how fab and I take it they are all your creations as well, what a talented lady. I bet your grandchildren have had hours of fun with the characters.

Dibnib - so pleased you were able to reminisce at your friends birthday party.

I often think back at this time of year (coming up to our WA) and where we met - nothing exciting, it was a Christian youth conference at Saltley, Birmingham, back in 1966. Although I'd just broken off an engagement, it was love at first sight. Can't explain but two years later we were married.

Lindy - what a lovely poem for bjane.

• Dibnib, sorry to hear about Bobbie, do hope you can get closure on why he passed away. Its always sad when you lose a loved pet, as we did recently.

Annette - glad to see that the whale count was the best ever this year.

Great news re Murray, and all the other medalists - we are lying 2nd in the medal table but a long way to go yet. Watched some of Murray's match last night but watched the replay this morning. Both men look beat by the time it finished.

Cricket widow again as OH has gone down to County Ground to do his commentating, not all day as he has a consultants appointment this afternoon re the ear problem.  Hopefully he will be signed off.   Off tomorrow late afternoon to pick up dau. after her week away. At least its not the crack of dawn - although that is one of the best times of the day. Hope to make it to the gym for a swim twice this week.

Brenda - do hope OH has a successful appointment with his consultant.  Pity about the car but at least you have good neighbours who could step in.  Hope car is up and running again.

Sometimes I wish I could drive and then could take myself off to somewhere like Rutland Water but hey ho, don't drive so have to be content with watching on the web cam.

• Sorry, folks, had great intentions of replying this evening but events have overtaken me. I got the proposed plan of new kitchen from the designer at Howdens and have spent a couple of hours looking and discussing same with OH and various offspring.

Talk tomorrow-

• Hello everyone.  Got extremely tired and unwell before holiday, and struggled to enjoy (most of) it!  Got a cancellation at rheumatology last week and had meds increased and an extra steroid injection.  Much better than I was, but still not doing much.  Hoping to be really well for next trip (Tall Ships Regatta at Blyth)so have decided not to return fully to posting here until after that.  I shall continue to read, but won't be making comments until September (and that isn't far away now!).

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sorry to read that you have been feeling unwell, OG. I hope the increased meds will make you feel better and  help you to enjoy your next trip.

Good Heaven's AQ, I had no idea that Jean Greenhowe had produced so many new patterns! I hadn't looked for one for some time.

I think I had mentioned before, that I have made some jelly babies. Also a snowman, and some Star Trek characters (I had fun with Mr Spock's ears- I used the pixie ones)

You are on a different level. Well done for your patience and skill.

Good to read everyone's news. Some of it not so good.

Best wishes to all who are not well, or having a sad time at the moment.