WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 3, 2016

Welcome to a new week.  Hope ALL the familiar faces will show up this week!  :-)

Go back to page 8 of the previous thread to see Mike's link to the question: How do you free a Golden Eagle caught up in a very high tree without the use of a ladder?   Page 9 shows Bowie posing for his closeup.  OG and EE are busy shooting at cats and cheering on Housemartins in the midst of home repairs (the birds that is). 

Brenda: Well, there always seems to be one lavender bush that I missed!  I have to tidy them up and take off all the dead blooms once during the summer, then in the winter, I whack 'em all back by a third. Trouble is, they're all getting old and woody.  

OH and I bought tickets to a concert tonight - Jean-Yves Thibaudet is playing Rhapsody in Blue and since the Music Academy is hosting the show, the tickets were super cheap. But now we're looking at each other and thinking we'd rather stay home in our comfy togs and relax. But no. Must hose off and rise to the occasion.

Was amazed that Djokovich got knocked out at Wimbledon so early. Shocker!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Simply marvellous tennis. Now, bring on Andy.

• ANNETTE   I think strawberries and champagne would make for a good tennis breakfast!!!

• Guess it is not a Murray-Federer final then!

• HEATHER   I agree, soup is always better when left for a day.

We are having stir fry this evening so have done all the prepping in advance so as not to be too distracted from the next match. Sunday will be a Italian meats with melon and sun dried tomatoes for our main meal so will be made in advance of the big match. Do hope Andy is playing.

• My mouth is watering, DIBNLIB. I agree, hoping for Andy in the final.

• Unfortunately I have to make sautéed new potatoes with garlic for tonight, left over potatoes from last night's dinner. But I will have my ears tuned in to TV - not difficult as the volume will be high for OH!!

• dibnlib: Oh boring me went for coffee, whole-wheat cereal, fruit and yogurt.  We do have several bottles of bubbly lurking somewhere though....

KeithG: With Roger dispatched, I'll be rooting for Andy. (I don't think I could've stood watching Roger lose the Final.)

• Did someone mention sauteed new potatoes with garlic? I'm already fading, but have this Orientation this afternoon so it may be pizza at my house.

• I'll be there, ANNETTE!! Pizza is one of my favourites :-))

Gosh, fried potatoes will be done in a flash, like DIBNLIB's stir fry. Nice to be lazy sometimes.

I'm feeling a bit mis, I wanted to take my son and Sam to Duxford Air show in September. Reply was to the effect that son had spent years in the Air Force and seen aircraft up the ying yang and Sam will see the red Arrows in Cornwall in August and why did I want to go, anyway? He has obviously forgotten my addiction to aircraft especially historic ones. :-((((((((

• Sorry about the soup and Air Show disappointments, Heather.  :-(

I've been trying to catch the tennis in between rushing around, and gardening as it stayed fine eventually, here. (and I had nothing to put on the line, grr)

We had to take Bonnie to the Vets this lunchtime as she has been coughing for a couple of days:  not a deep cough, but persistent.  I said to the Vet that she might have scratched her throat with a piece of sharp plastic as she keeps stealing plastic flowerpots and chewing them up into bits. She had a look down her throat, and took her temp. (which was not at all well received "What are you doing to me, down there?!"

Then we all jointly decided that she might have a slight infection in her throat but it was not Kennel Cough, and the best course of action was for an anti inflammatory jab followed by anti-bios for a few days.  When I gave her her meal tonight, she delicately picked out the two halves of the anti-bio tablet I had concealed in her dinner, and put them on the floor!  I got them back into the dish and disguised them with a spoonful of peanut butter, which she loves ( I usually put that smeared into one of her bones to keep her busy).

Here is a picture of her enjoying her break in Wales:

Looking over the top to see if there are any other dogs on the beach, who want to play!

Here are a couple of pics of someone I met just after that:  Specially for Clare!

He/she noticed me looking and clicking, and said "Who are you staring at, then?" - then flew off.