Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 May 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I left a long reply on the end of last week's thread.

I've got a nasty deadline this week for my project, so you all won't hear from me for a few days. I hope everyone has a great week!

Eastern Bluebird
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• WENDY- It seems,as if most sufferers know what they can eat, like your daughter. Mine eats gluten free - not sure why, she is not coeliac but it seems to help. Also avoids certain other foods. I agree, stress related, for her, also.

Yes, cold here today too. We had heating on for a while:-(

• Heather Daisy was feeling the cold so I lit the woodburner :-)

• Heather - Your daughter must be glad to go home, but it's frustrating for all of you I'm sure to not know exactly. We never stop worrying about them, as my mother in law said once when my OH was in his sixties......

Wendy - I read your sentence about the goat twice, LOL!! (They're great lawnmowers)

OG - My mother came from St Albans where there is a huge Roman influence, some bits havn't even been dug up yet apparently.

Annette - The piece of wood found London was one of several, shown to have had wax on it for scribing upon, but apparently they scraped so hard on them that the marks went right down into the wood base and it can still be read, in spite of the wax being long gone - fascinating!

• Nice to read everyone's news.

I see quite a few areas do not have good weather just now. It looked wet at Minsmere on Springwatch.

We are lucky with the weather here, it has been sunny and quite hot for a week now. Being half term it is also very busy! In the local paper it says there were queues to walk along Striding Edge! I hope no one falls off, it has been known!

I am helping at a friend's NGS open garden on Sunday and it looks to be good then too.

I have not said before but I volunteer at a garden locally, it is looking lovely. I do not actually do gardening though, but help in the office.

• Just a quick visit. We spent a lovely day with our son yesterday. He is now on the plane back to Singapore. They are both beginning to sound a little homesick, which didn't help when I said goodbye.
    It is still cold here and we have the CH on.

There are so many posts for me to read.

Heather, Pleased that your daughter has returned home, but I do hope they find the source of the pain.

OG, Hope you enjoyed your evening. I love reading about the Romans in GB. I once 'helped' with a dig on a Roman site, when I was younger.
    I have heard of coal and lettuce.

Chrisy, I hope you have a great day on Sunday. The 'NGS open gardens is usually very popular.

Like Dibnlib, because it was so cold, I also watched the Andy Murray match this afternoon.

I will 'see' you all tomorrow. I keep falling asleep this evening.

• Evening all: Just spent untold hours at bank with grandson; application for loan is pending - such paperwork!

Yas: No apologies necessary. Blathering is what we do and it comes in waves depending on daily events, etc. Sometimes we don't hear from posters for days if they've got more exciting things going on!  :-) And, as Lindybird says, don't  feel you have to respond to everyone - it can get overwhelming. A blanket "Hallo to all" works too.

dibnlib: You need to find a coffee place where you get free refills!

Seaman: Haven't seen you here before - so welcome. Too bad about the phalarope (had to Google that). Maybe you can try on another freezing and windy night? :-)

Heather: Bank of Grandparents very popular here.  Re JW's books, there are two I seem to have missed: A Dangerous Place and Journey to Munich. Will have to investigate.

Lindybird: It never ceases to amaze me how much ancient "stuff" they keep finding in the UK.   I grew up in Watford, so am familiar with the known Roman site (Verulanium I think).

ChrisyB: Haven't seen you in a while; sounds like you're keeping busy.

BrendaH: How long will the kids be in Singapore? And when are you going to visit?

Margo: If you're reading, hope you're doing okay. Hugs from here.

• Good Morning.  Sad to hear about Mohammed Ali, but glad, too, as it sounds a release - He didn't know anyone lately and of course was just a shell compared to his larger than life self. What a man. On TV right now Barry McGuigan has just said he was "a remarkable human being"

Dry and cloudy here again, so we hope to get the gardening done this weekend.

Seaman - Nice to read you on here :-)

Annette - You are a gem, helping your youngster: Good Luck to him with it.

Margo - Hope you've made it to the Wedding today, thinking of you.

• Good morning, all.

Dry and cloudy here too, LINDY. We are hoping that the sun will burn through soon. Gardening on the agenda.

BRENDA - I'm sorry that I can't remember how long your son and DiL will be in Singapore. I imagine that once the feeling of being on a long holiday wears off, that is when thoughts of home and family appear more often:-(

ANNETTE - In the middle of the night I suddenly thought that I remembered putting the latest JW book on my Kindle wish list. On checking this morning, there it was. Memory banks are failing, I think.

Have a good day, everyone.

• Unknown said:
    Seaman: Haven't seen you here before - so welcome. Too bad about the phalarope (had to Google that). Maybe you can try on another freezing and windy night? :-)

For some reason,even though I've been sat on the Osprey threads for yonks,I've never contributed to it. Surprising since I usually have plenty to say on other threads. Just keep popping in to get an Osprey fix,the only ones we have seen live this year were at Loch Doon. though we often get them passing over home on their return passage.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Well hello every one and thanks for your kind and understanding words.A bit of a dull day today, on my own this morning hubby Roger helping his eldery parents out meeting friends from london, his dad has termal cancer, but at 94 not doing too bad, means it came on when 80 yrs. So poor rog has a lot on his hands with all of us, and mum had cancer a few yrs back.

l'm sure someone hits me over the head in the night, l had a job sleeping lsst night thoughts on my mind, so went to my chair for a sleep at 11.45 pm with some painkillers and woke up about 2.30am thought l'll go back to bed took neck surport off, before get any stiffer, and then l woke up in chair at 4.20am so really stiff now job to move,went back to bed with more painkillers, had this happen so many times, won't bore you with telling you again.So not a great start to the day.

Me and roger have reading times twice a day, mornings after breakfast and evenings, helps with the pains when there worse and relax for bed, have quite a few laughs with them roger puts on the accents and sometimes adlibs, which l started but l usally can tell when he does, but we injoy talking about them when we are reading. Some of my favourite books are by Jilia quinn,Eloisa james,connie brockway, they write together at times and are period books but whitty, romantic, and sometimes saucy.

Well l've ramble on. so take care all of you,and have a lovely weekend, l feel like saying and may your God go with you, like dave allen. bye for now Yas