Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 May 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I left a long reply on the end of last week's thread.

I've got a nasty deadline this week for my project, so you all won't hear from me for a few days. I hope everyone has a great week!

Eastern Bluebird
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Yas - Welcome from DownUnder. I live at West Beach a suburb of Adelaide, South Aussieland. Normally I chat more but tired from damaged knee = knee replace in 3 weeks.

I had a setback yesterday with gout flaring in foot. Now that’s a new place. Back on nasty tablets and feeling slightly better. I hope catching it early makes a difference.

I had planned to make soup today. Unable to hobble, there was I, perched on bed with chopping board on “stable-table”, saucepan & scrap bucket beside me. OH bringing aged veggies from fridge. Me peeling & chopping. Leaving him to add stock & the last scraps of a takeaway chicken. I thought taste rather ordinary but OH scoffed 2 bowls. Enough left for 2 more meals. I told him now he can make soup, but he can’t face the veggie prep!!!!

• Diane: Thank you - again.  Thanks also for the Windows 10 links - I remember you talking about the privacy issues when it first came out.

Busy day sorting through some boxes in the garage. Now have boxes with items for thrift stores, electronic recycling place, etc., etc. Came face to face with a big Black Widow spider sitting on the edge of one box. Charming.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• aquilareen said:
    Yas - Welcome from DownUnder. I live at West Beach a suburb of Adelaide, South Aussieland. Normally I chat more but tired from damaged

Thanks for your warm welcome Aquilareen,(do you shorten that at all? )  like the way you told the story of preparing your meal can just imagine that, hope you soon feel that much better. And can get about more, learn't my huband to cook when we got married so glad l did has not so well now really comes in handy, now he's has good as me, and no stranger to the ironing board. o' bye the way can you help me out does OH mean old hubby, husband ? see it a lot take care careful with the chopping.  from yas

• Just to say Diane, love the photo of the Eastern bluebird looks like a british robin gone wrong. yas

• Yas - Most people shorten me to AQ. One of the abbrev I learnt from chatting here was OH = Other Half. In my case OH is husband. 2.50 pm in Adelaide, grey sky, 17 C after overnight min 8 C.. Now time to recline horizontally for a while.

• aquilareen said:
    had a setback yesterday with gout flaring in foot

Ps Aquilareen  l have a herbal book that tells you about using normal medicines and herbal ones l feel my self that we can learn from both, so if you are interested in what some of the things it says could help gout let me know and l will share it with you Yas

• Good Morning, Everyone.  Sunshine here, and I understand most of the UK, so good for those enjoying a Bank Holiday in the UK.

Many Thanks to Diane for starting us off again on a new week, and with another colourful picture :-)  Hope your hard work goes well, Diane.

Was upset this morning to hear that Cincinnati Zoo had had to shoot dead a magnificent male gorilla because a 4year old child had fallen into the enclosure.......

AQ - Sounds terribly hard trying to cook like that.  Do hope the meds help. Sending home made stew through the airwaves!

• Well I have been quiet as I have been trying to get a decent photo of our EARLY morning call. Just imagine 30-40 starlings feeding their broods just 3 feet from the bedroom window!

I am afraid that I will be absent from here for a probably quite a while. I had a visit from Gloucestershire Police just before midnight Friday to tell me that my brother has died in a road traffic accident. It would appear that it was not his fault and the accident is currently under investigation. Us being in Gloucestershire and him being in Surrey, and with my disabled wife you will appreciate the logistics of this problem. A saving grace is that my two stepdaughters are doing their best to help. Now awaiting a call from the coroner

• Just to say Keith l'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss and news what a shock for you and your family, news no one wants to hear.l'm glad you have your stepdaughters to help you, l myself live in the area of Gloucestershire. l'm new to this group so you won't know me. But just wanted to write. take care to you and your family at this difficult and sad time from Yas

• Keith so sorry to read of your sad loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.