Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 May 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Sorry folks, no cheery picture this week. Busy this evening with all sorts of minor crises. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!

• Annette -  That's good news about the calf sightings, and I seem to remember that possibly a few sneaked by without being counted early on in the season, when the sea was too rough, so maybe even more than that :-)

Well, I'll tell you the latest instalment of the Bonnie saga, then I'll stop for a bit ~ you must all be bored with it now :-(

At lunchtime we had the door open, and all was quiet as we glanced at the newspapers. My OH shouted, so I nearly fell out of my chair. The whole of the dining room was covered in black soil from the garden, as she had brought in some plants uprooted from the pots we have dotted around. She had been bringing them in and chewing them up. The mess was indescribable!  I moved furniture and picked up plants: he got out the Hoover and uttered quite a few swearywords. Bonnie retreated into the garden to chew....

I have now decided that apart from my tub of sweet peas (already established) and some of the existing plants, I shall not buy any bedding at all this year, except to put in my hanging basket by the front door. At least it will save some cash! 

My OH has his mouth set in a grim line. I am beyond crying any tears. She is such a lovely dog but we both have new white hairs. On Monday she is already booked in to the Vets to be spayed: we don't want puppies. The Vet said that some dogs calm down a little after the op. , but she couldn't promise anything. She was sympathetic and said that "They are a lively breed"

EDIT -  My OH had told me years ago that when he was a teenager they had had a gentle, quiet Springer Spaniel. After we acquired Bonnie I found an old b&w photo of this dog - she looked elderly and overweight, and was sitting placidly in the garden. Nothing like the tornado we have now!

• Oh Lindybird!  Poor You.  Just looked in and saw your post.

You and your OH have so much patience with your beloved pet. I think having human triplets would have been easier!

I don't know much about dogs, but let us hope your vet is right.

At least she cannot reach the hanging baskets. Or can she???

• Both achieved a lot in the garden today, so feeling very pleased with ourselves.  Even got out the water feature and set it up – thus attracting very happy Sparrows!

Linda – good thing it was a sunny and breezy day for drying the extra bedding after Bonnie’s visit upstairs this morning.  I think I should best not comment on the lunchtime escapade!

Annette – so pleased the Whale Calf count is up again this year, especially after El Nino being so active!

To church in the morning, and then hopefully a few small garden tasks in the afternoon.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!