Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 May 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Sorry folks, no cheery picture this week. Busy this evening with all sorts of minor crises. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!

• Evening all:

Diane: Hope all your crises are minor ones. (Thanks for starting us off!).

OG: Welcome home.  

WendyB: 10 miles? No wonder you've got a creaky knee.

dibnlib: Glad you enjoyed the chicken filled roll, even if it was pricey.  Nice surprise to get hold of your Mom - I bet that cheered you up.

Rosy: Good to see you. Geez - I forgot where you went!  I can barely keep track of myself these days.  I remember that myxomatosis outbreak - people were going out killing the poor creatures to put them out of their misery.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• HAPPY MOTHERS DAY from Aussieland

• Good Morning, All.

I must have missed your post on the previous page last night, Rosy. I remember myxomatosis, too.  Poor bunnies.

Dry here again, after a wet spell last night.

AQ - Happy Mother's Day to all Down Under!  Hope your knee is recovering.

• Well, if all goes well here is a 10sec clip of our two amorous hedgehogs. This is on a learning curve! I did have a 2sec clip of two males fighting but had digit problem and seem to have deleted it.

Weather yesterday didn't read the forecast and stopped a spit roast chicken, next weather break is currently Friday.

• Lovely Keith. Good picture.

Thank you Diane for starting us off. Miss the cheery picture, but crises have to be sorted first. Hope they on their way to being resolved.

I went to Wiltshire, Annette. We had a nice walk on the Longleat Estate,with my sister and brother on one of the days. Not 10 miles though, unlike Wendy.

• Love the hedgies, Keith!!   A little Hedgehog Waltz.......  lovely!

• As it's a fine day and an opportunity to put everything outside, we have been clearing out our back porch...   eugh!  Not been done for a long time.  

We use it for all sorts of things, as my OH flatly refuses to have a shed in the garden which we would have to look at.  Consequently there are bird feeding things in there, birdseed, bird suet balls dog equipment, plant pots, indoor plant pots, umbrellas, walking sticks, boots, wellies, shoes, outdoor coats, hats, airers for clothes, pegs, dog harnesses and leads, dog toys..... the list is endless, and this is in a cubby hole which you go past when entering the house, which is only three foot by four foot!!  It used to house the boiler in the early days of the houses existence, but that is now in the garage.  Goodness knows where all this stuff would be if it was still there...

Have found several old pairs of "gardening shoes" some of which have gone straight into the bin.  Others can be used by a certain Spaniel who loves to eat shoes.

• Good afternoon, all.  Love the waltzing hedgehogs, Keith!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• KEITH    thanks for the vid

• Flowers in my garden this spring:  Fritillaries ~  I love their chequerboard patterns ~

White ones this year, too:

Middle of a red tulip in the sunshine:

Close up of Magnolia Stellata - so called because of its star like flowers.  Here is the whole thing, which is pleasingly large this year and was full of blooms because of the gentle spring we had.  The flowers smell delicious in the evening, when you stick your nose into one!

The tree behind it next to the hedge, is our very very old plum tree, which is now propped up with wooden props to stop it falling down. Don't expect we'll have it for many more years, but it still has lots of delicious plums.  In the top right hand corner of this picture you can just see our neighbours fabulous pink Magnolia, which has also been there for many years ~ its quite a sight.  I photographed it once and it was published in the local paper.