Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 May 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Sorry folks, no cheery picture this week. Busy this evening with all sorts of minor crises. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!

• The day brightened up and we had a lovely trip to Cromarty where we had a really good lunch. Home via Chanonry where we saw 3 Dolphins at play. We also went to Tiso and I came home with part of my winnings. They had a delivery today so had my size in the Rab jacket I wanted. I tried on 2 pairs of Merrells and I came home with a pair I have had my eye on for some time, but was trying to be restrained. I am so glad I didn't weaken and buy them earlier

• Sorry, Guys, I totally lost the plot again!  Really making the most of this exceptional weather - well, we had spring in February, so why not have summer in May?  It could be the only one we get!  So many things I wanted to tell you, like the remains of somebody's breakfast on our lawn one day - one little beak and a pair of feet; met a lady (and her husband) from near AQ at the Kelpies - well, she had lived near the airport, now lives on the peninsula; now finding empty eggs from hatched birds; House Martins are renovating last year's nest on our gable end; - all random bits and pieces of "news"!

AQ - sorry you are hurting so bad and not very mobile; I hope the injection will help - and no attempting nannying now!

Margo - (if you get the chance to see this) sorry about broadband issues, pleased you had another meal out and hope you are looking forward to another this weekend!

Heather - relax and enjoy - you both must have been desperate for a break!

Had eye check-up yesterday - improved but not fully recovered, so a reduction in frequency of drops - consultant reckons it's another symptom of inflammatory condition (along with skin and joints)and will probably continue flaring from time to time, and we shall just have to treat it each time. Went for church lunch today, with gardening before and after.  All the watering is taking so much of our evenings, but getting results!

Will try to look in again soon - and try harder to remember who shared what!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Nice that you had a good day, plus dolphins, Dibnlib!

OG - Glad you shared our sunny day, we had a lovely one here. I pottered in the garden, did laundry, cleaned bathrooms, and actually sat and read a book! My OH did badly at golf, but won his bowls match in spite of being so rusty.  Then he tried hard to keep his cool when a certain dog tried to bring a lump of wood as big as her head into the house (she found the remains of his pruning in the bushes) and then when we sat down to our meal, she went outside and dug another hole in the lawn as big as the last. That makes a total of four holes in our small lawn, and about eight holes in the flower beds. 

Good that your eye is improving and needs less drops. I forget that watering takes up so much time, and every year resolve to have less tubs of flowers, to cut down!

• Diane: I don't follow the sport, but hadn't heard of women in the drag racing field, but Muldowney's win (thanks for the video) was a while back, so they must be out there somewhere.

dibnlib: A perfect day for you! What a lovely shopping trip.

OG: Can't possibly begrudge you time being out and about in the fine weather. Don't worry about us.  My sister and BiL went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park Wednesday (a lovely day there) and had a great time, the only negative being not enough benches to sit awhile...

Lindybird: So. Any thoughts of giving up the lawn? :-)

Margo: Hope you're connected soon.

AQ; Also hope a much better day for you.

Good day here. Put finishing touches on my little column this morning, then had lunch in the garden with my book before spending the afternoon working in the garden.

Have a good - eeeek! - Friday (already) all.

• Good Morning. Looks dry and sunny, although we're told it won't be as warm as it's been of late.

I awoke early, so should have a good start on the day. 

Hope AQ feels lots better, and Margo & her OH have a lovely Anniversary.

• Happy Friday the 13th!

Everyone have a lucky day!

• Brenda – I visited Rottnest Island before married. Will tell later.

Linda – I am enjoying your photos.

Dibnlib, Annette, OG, Diane & others I’ve missed – thank you.

Diane & Annette - We have double dissolution of federal parliament, election 2 Jul. Someone asked what the 2 main party leaders’ policy was on the immigration from USA if a certain person T is elected.

Slight improved knee, still need walker but a little more mobile & less pain, another cortisone injection today, continue with nasty tabs <sigh>, see Doc next Fri. Expect another 10 days <insert sweary words>

• Oh, heck, AQ!!<insert swearywords>  Glad it's slightly improved, maybe that's the start of recovery.

• Good morning.

Dibnlib – glad you have had some good days out.  Congrats on the prize – pleased you can choose things you had your eye on.  Have a great trip next week.

Linda – sorry that hole-digging seems to have taken over from fence-jumping – maybe she is hoping to explore via a visit to AQ through the centre of the earth!  Resolution to have less potted plants fails every year – because most soil space is taken up with veg, nearly everything else has to be in containers!

Margo – I see Anniversary Wishes are in order today, so I am sure you will be enjoying a meal somewhere!

AQ – glad you are getting some improvement to the knee – do take care, don’t try to run before you can walk!  You are allowed the swearywords – I know exactly what it feels like!

It seems today’s weather is varied across the UK again – we have it slightly cooler, with some cloud today, but no threat of rain until next Tuesday (repeating that will probably mean we get a freak shower sometime!).  Have a good weekend, All.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!