Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY LEAP YEAR DAY (MONDAY)!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: This is the way that you encourage moles and gophers to leave your property. LOL LOL

Everyone have a wonderful week.

• Seeing it was a huge spider, I would guess it was flushed down the loo, or out of the window, Annette. It definitely couldn't stay in the house.

• ANNETTE- Agree with BRENDA.

• Hello, again, folks; sorry about those with snow and bad roads – take care!  Could see snow when we went out – only about 5 miles away on hills.  Didn’t go to the spring fair – decided there is too much norovirus going around the area, so avoiding close crowds!  However, we did go to one of the garden centres mid-afternoon, for a drink and a few items including mousetraps (super-mouse bit through another one a week ago), copper tape to deter snails on the hostas - sorry, doesn’t sound so wildlife-friendly after all!  We worked in the greenhouse before and after lunch – tidying space and preparing the propagators, and then sowing herbs and some Bedding Dahlia seeds.

Wendy – I quite liked Weymouth the one time we went there – quite clean for a seaside town – and Weymouth to Dorchester by train sound picturesque.

Brenda – what a lovely photo of a really well-behaved young Ruby sitting there in the park.  I can imagine the mud after all your recent weather, but pleased you provided warm water for the three of them before they came inside after their walk yesterday!  Glad your Son and DiL enjoyed the trip to Japan – sounds as if it did them some good after the heat of Singapore.

Heather – glad the family gathering was so good – took me by surprise as I thought it was tomorrow!  Nice that your youngest SiL was home for M. Day.

Annette – it had slipped by me that you were unwell – hope that all the symptoms fully leave you soon!  Poor Spider – do you get poisonous ones there?

Intending to go to church tomorrow, and also J to his.  He has been better today; he went out by car at lunchtime and then walked to town this afternoon.  I think tiredness was probably the bigger part of his problem this week – a lot of stress troubling him.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG- the lunch was for youngest daughter's 36th birthday today and also for Mothering Sunday tomorrow.

• HEATHER - hadn't realised it was also a family birthday - even better that her OH was home from abroad!

• PS Just lost to J at Trivial pursuit.

Good night!

• Just picked up news on the last page.  OG - glad to see that your back has improved and that you were able to go out for lunch.

Margo - just read that you are having quite a nice weekend but having a bit of a wait to get results.

Put my 5pennyworth in for the date EJ will arrive.

Was looking at the Dunedin nest this afternoon, there was a change over going on - they have at least 2 eggs but not sure whether there is a 3rd. Just taken a pic of mum sitting. Not long now for our two to return.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY  to all you mums.

• Brenda: What a lovely photo of Ruby! I just love that little dog's cute face and feet!

Annette: I also didn't realize that you were ill. I hope you kick the virus/bacteria soon!!! Did the spider bite you? They used to make my Mom sick. I like spiders, but I'm not crazy about having one appear on my bed.

While we're on the subject of spiders, I'll post this. I can't remember whether I mentioned it before on this thread. Scientists have just identified a new species of black tarantula spider. They found it near Folsom State Prison in California. They named the new spider after Johnny Cash (aphonopelma johnnycashi). Yes, it's venomous, OG. Most folks will remember that Johnny Cash dressed all in black and wrote the famous song, Folsom Prison Blues. Here's a photo of the new spider.