Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

The Full Moon is Monday!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• HEATHER - floorboards improved.  Three mice relocated from garage today - in two trips!  J gone out for a while.  Washing in machine.  Dishwasher proved okay after apparent leak yesterday - more worrying, really, as we don't know why it happened!  Cold here too, and OH currently sitting at his computer - must be something we should be doing!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Don't laugh OG but I had to get rid of carpet in our main bathroom because young Sam had a habit of turning his whole body around to call out to anyone he heard nearby, whilst doing what boys do and so he sprinkled as he tinkled !! Of course, he is very special to us but he is just - Sam. He can still manage to get water everywhere when he showers,despite instructions about shutting water off before opening shower doors. His mother,my DiL, is a saint. It can't be easy as she has Sam who as you know is on the autistic spectrum and Arabella who is eight months old. Plus Barbara works as a child minder.

• Heather - it's good that Sam's disorder is the kind where he wants to communicate with others, rather than being one who is totally introverted and oblivious to the people around him!  I do admire your DiL - some people are well equipped that way, coping with what life gives them - as you yourself have been as a mother.

• HeatherB - sprinkled as he tinkled = my smile of the day!!

Had a good walk today. We went to check out a footpath across fields that I pass every day going to work but have never actually walked that way.  It was still very muddy in places and a couple of the fields had sheep in so of course that meant keeping Mia on her lead but we all still had fun.  Even had a famous Ripley ice cream at the end of the walk!

• Trish- a good walk and an icecream sounds good to me!

OG- I'm touched by your reply. Sam is at the high end of spectrum . He has dyspraxia, plus maybe ADHD, as you know. A very intelligent little boy but we do wonder about his future.

• HEATHER - I hope that Sam gets all the support, encouragement and understanding that he needs at school.

• Glorious day here..

Daisy had a bath and then sunned herself..

Sorting out the world before flight on Thursday..

White car very salty and dirty car wash busy and local pressure washer broken.. After years of hinting pressure washer on order.

Heather daughter works at a residential school for autistic children. Amazed at her patience and caring attitude. She is going for promotion into  management so putting together an hour long power point plus talk for this . Power point sorted and I think her sister and I will be hearing the presentation every night on Lundy. Interview day after we get home.

• OG

Lynette – well done with the swim!  Pleased your OH got his appointment letter – and good timing for your Daughter to provide transport.  I assume this will be day surgery with local anaesthetic?

Yes, day surgery with a local.