Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

The Full Moon is Monday!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Thank You, Diane, and Good Morning to All.  Not quite as cold here as it's been previously, and yesterday our Robin(s) were singing lustily through the rain, as if to announce that spring is just around the corner.

• It's good to find a nice long post from Margo, and to hear that she has been out and about. Sorry you had such a long and tiring transfusion day, Margo.

We always look longingly at other's plates when they are served with yummy breakfasts, but I can't leave the house without eating something, so never get to order one!  My OH loves a plate of fried everything, but as we are on self catering during this forthcoming holiday, we will stick to toast and jam. 

• LINDY  So long as I can have a cup of tea, I am ok to wait for a breakfast out. We had to laugh a while ago when having our brekkie at MC. Visitors received their beautifully served the big brekkie.  "Cor, that looks 'andsome" was the observation, this was said in what I presume to be a Cockney accent. OH does a wonderful mimic of it.

DIANE  thanks for starting us off again.

• Dismantled my "I love Christmas" jiggie and will start "Purrfect Chocolate this afternoon.

• Good morning all

All this talk of breakfast made me want a cooked one (very rarely do) but I gave away most of the ingredients I could have used, last night! Grandson Callum drove over to collect a tub of minestrone that I was giving his Mum,and I thought what a waste of petrol that was. So, filled a bag with goodies for them from fridge and freezer etc - as you do. I still have some bacon for OH's roll at lunchtime, though. I would indeed be in the bad books if that didn't appear!

• Hello all, will try again, bit slow posting so aborted.

Just looked in on Dunedin and this is what I saw-

then a look at Djuma and Pete's Pond -

wart hog family mud wallowing

zebra having a drink

finally this brightly coloured bird which I think is from the kingfisher family

Glad to hear that Margo has managed to get out and about.    Lovely weather here, sunny and windy but quite mild.

• just back from church. Sadly someone was taken ill during the service and had to be taken to hospital. Luckily there were 2 doctors (new to our congregation) who were able to help till the ambulance arrived.

• That was fortunate, Dibnlib.

We've been to visit, with a small present, the new baby in the family (little Delilah). She is gorgeous, with a tiny pink rosebud mouth and a look in her face of her mother, when she was the same age. The little family are all thrilled with their new relative, after a number of sad events and some family problems, so it was cheering to see them all so happy.

EDIT -  I held her on my lap for quite a while, but was unable to stop the hiccups she apparently suffers from quite often.

• I'm back again, whilst I have five minutes, to tell you of what happened yesterday.

I have been searching for over two weeks, unsuccessfully, for the charger cable for my Kindle so that I can take it on holiday with me. I looked everywhere I felt it could be, and said to Friend, it's just sooo annoying when you KNOW its in the house, somewhere.....  A few days ago I thought it's now or never, I will have to order a replacement or I will become unstuck. (we go away on Wednesday)  But it was hard to do that, knowing darn well that the thing was somewhere.

She kindly offered to charge my Kindle up with her cable, so that I could perhaps look for a replacement at the Airport if all else failed....  So I gave her my Kindle last Thursday, which she duly saw to, and then yesterday I set out through the very wet lanes and busy main roads to Friends village, to collect it. We had a cuppa and a chat, then I drove home through the rain, again.  When I got in, I decided I would check my emails as I hadn't had time for two days.  As I sat down at the desk and moved some papers, something poked through.....  it was, of course, the cable - five minutes after I had got home again!! I must have looked through the papers without seeing it the first time.  

Of course, my OH thought it was "typical" - and when I spoke to my Youngest later,on the phone, he laughed, a lot!  - and said he was not surprised, either!  (there is a lot of stuff on my desk..........)

I was thanking my Youngest for his latest email, which had an attachment of our dear little Matthew toddling with hesitant wobbly steps towards his mother.  It still brings tears to the eyes to see a youngster walk for the first time. No stopping him now!

• LINDY    that is just typical.

Last week I mislaid my debit card and as it was contactless I notified my bank immediately. Within 10 mins I had found it. anyway I am without a card at the mo, but hopefully the new one and no should arrive in the next few days.

OH is on a site for retired RAF Air Traffic Controllers. Unfortunately this often means we hear of illnesses and deaths and todays news was particularly harrowing as we think he was no older than 65 and we both knew him well as we had both served with him at the London Air Traffic Control Centre (mil) and OH had been on the Examining Board with him. Of course it was the dreaded C.

Does anyone know news of Rita? I know she had expected to go into hosp for her op in January, but have seen nothing on this. She had been worried about putting Amber into kennels so I had tried to help out with advice.