Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), January 3, 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is HERE.

Saturday evening was perihelion, the time when Earth reaches its closest point to the Sun for this year. Hello, Sun!

I hope everyone has a wonderful first full week of 2016!

Earth and sun via ISS Expedition 13 / NASA
NASA government photo: Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Clare: Fabulous photos of the pheasants - what a to-do. They must've been really upset to ignore you taking all those shots.

Heather: I'm assuming memorial attendees don't drink wine either. I suggest you greet them with a glass of something in your hand. Oh just ignore me....I'm being troublesome.   I'm still surprised that no-one from the congregation seems to have called you up to offer help.....

Lindybird: Hope you get all your sales stuff and a nap.

dibnlib:  Thanks for the smile.  The friend I met in LA Saturday and I were walking down Olvera Street in LA (still have to post photos!) and saw a t-shirt with "Who would Jesus deport?"  on it.  Very appropriate politically at the moment, especially given that LA was populated by Native Americans, then Spanish, then Mexicans long before the Anglos arrived. Oh don't get me started....   :-)

Off to check the To-Do list. This is the first "normal" week in a while.

• No ANNETTE they don't drink alcohol but as I am catering for Sheana's nephew and wife, plus my daughter and of course, OH and I, there will be wine on offer :-) I have been in contact with one member of the Order who has given me some info regarding vegan food. It must be difficult for them, nobody wants to dictate what food should be prepared. DIANES links were an eye opener for me. I had already been online but hadn't realised how many seemingly OK foods could have been treated with forbidden things.

I have spoken with my executive chef AKA daughter Lucy and we have decided on a menu which includes vegan, vegetarian and other things. Feel so much better since chatting with her.

• Heather: Well you have my undying admiration for your loyalty to Sheana! Good luck!

• We spent the morning looking after neighbour's dog and then played indoor bowls this afternoon. Another day of heavy rain. We have weather and flood warnings now, but nothing like the flooded parts of the country.

Linda, Sorry you had a sleepless night. Pleased that you have been able to order some sales items.

Clare, Very good captures of the pheasant fight. They can be vicious birds.

Dibnlib, Sounds a pleasant day. Love the tee shirt message.

Heather, I knew you would do your best for Sheana. You are being a true friend, right to the end. Pleased you have help from your daughter. X

• Love your T shirt joke, Dibnlib!!

Just picked up my tablet to read the above, when the phone rang....."This is the Development Team:  do you have any wooden fascia boards?"  ---

"No" I replied --- "We live in an igloo!!"  Without laughing, the girl said "Oh, do you?"...........

• BRENDA - Thank you x I have been thinking about you missing your son. I had a chuckle when you wrote about your daughter being surprised about her puppy and frequent weeing. When she has a baby she will know what to expect :-)

• Well, still sorting "stuff" - car load to tip yesterday, and car now filled for the local enterprise recycling centre tomorrow, then charity shop Wednesday when in town for my routine blood tests.  Also packed away today all that seasonal kitch and tatt which comes out annually!  Even went to church yesterday, J back to the Baptist Church we had left, and OH and myself tried the URC again (where we went Christmas day) - could become regular, but making sure we are sure!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Went to collect my Sale items from M&S - they included socks for my OH, a puzzle for a Christmas present next December, a pair of pillows, and a set of tiny red electric lights which are made into a string of reindeer!!

Wished I had parked nearer to the shop when I saw that they had put it all into two boxes, which meant that although not heavy, the pillows were difficult to carry. Good job I made it the last port of call as I was already carrying a bag of groceries, plus my handbag over my shoulder.

This afternoon we duly sorted out my OHs heavy jackets and sweaters. One has gone altogether, one is going to Wales to be useful, and one is to be offered to our Youngest!

• Heather B said:
    I think that you are also very forthright, CLARE if I remember correctly :-)

Yup.  It gets me into all sorts of interesting situations.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.