Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 December 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I am celebrating the return of the light! The Winter Solstice is Monday night/Tuesday morning. The exact time is:

U.K.: 22 December at 4:48 a.m.
Eastern U.S.: 21 December at 11:48 p.m.
California: 21 December at 8:48 p.m.

Happy Summer Solstice to AQ in Adelaide, Australia (22 December at 3:19 p.m.), although I know you are already in the midst of a sweltering hot summer.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and holidays full of joy and peace!

Geese at sunrise
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good captures, Annette, Lovely to, see but not surprising other birds have kept away.

I remember your President visiting Stonehenge last year. I think he met some of the locals, as well. He must have thought that it was a beautiful empty landscape, but he must be used to having places to himself when he visits.

• Good Morning, All.  Dry here, with a sky like streaky bacon!

Like your pics of the Hawk, Annette - we sometimes have a Sparrowhawk in the garden but it's extremely difficult to take a pic.  Yesterday on our walk, we noticed a butterfly!! Not bad for December.  It was one I've never seen before, too - a sort of lime green with hardly any markings on the wings.

A busy few days are beckoning with lots of Christmas prep. Hope you All have a good day today, and {BIG HUGS} for dear Margo - hope you enjoyed your weekend with your OH.

• Good Morning Everyone. Our morning started dry, after overnight rain and squally winds, but we have just had a heavy shower. OH had an appointment to have the stitches removed from his arm earlier this morning. Trying to think of anything I may have forgotten, re Christmas.  

Margo, Hope you have good results today / tomorrow.

I guess everybody will be busy this week.

• I didn't vote for anyone yesterday, but Andy was my favourite. So very pleased he won.

• A good afternoon to all the weather here is changing practically every hour so if you go out you don't know whether to put on rain wear or an ordinary jacket. Yesterday when I went out the sun was shinning but when I opened the garage door the rain came on and with the wind it was rather unpleasant.

On Friday met with nephew and his family and had a very pleasant lunch out and as I hadn't seen his little granddaughter for ages was surprised how much she had changed in the last six months. Will have to go out to the shops tomorrow as I have also to do some shopping for SiL's sister and then will not be back to the shops until after the big day.

I hope everyone keeps well during the festive season and that Margo gets good news today and tomorrow so that her and her O/H can enjoy their time together during the holidays.

george g

• Thought Andy made a good speech, dibnlib.  Most of these sportspersons are really bad at speeches!  We only turned on for the last ten minutes or so of the programme, as the noisy modern presentation drives us mad!

We were pleased to see that the Davis Cup Team won the Team Trophy.

• Have been trying to process a whole lot of pics.  For those in the Bonnie Fan Club, here are a couple taken recently:

"I'm good when I'm asleep!"

"Who?  ....Me?"

"I know I'm cute!!"

• I see you posted whilst I was nattering, George:  Nice to hear from you. Good that you enjoyed your nice lunch out.  Children seem to grow so fast, don't they? I hope it stays dry for your last shopping trip and you get all you need.  Have a good Christmas!

• Lindybird I know Bonnie is a terror but what a beautiful dog she is. She looks so,innocent in those photos.

George nice to see you and Happy Christmas and New Year,

• Margo:  She is often admired when we are out and about, and I'm sometimes tempted to say "Here, have her!!"  but I know my OH would not part with her for the world.  She is very affectionate and gentle, when not tearing about or bent on destruction.  :-)

I hope you get good news tomorrow when they've had a look at your blood tests.  The weather is very mixed here today, but has been much colder. The wind is a cold winter wind now, and every now & then we get a sudden shower. Just wrapping up the last things, and having a clear out - found two summer straw hats in a bag where I thought there was only one!  But I may give one away, anyway.....