Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Lovely to read that there is a happy ending to the dog story, Wendy. Thanks to your daughter, of course.

Our last dog used to hate the wind, too, especially when he was being pelted by twigs, acorns and cones.

• Wendy: Brilliant. Keep us updated on any further developments. :-)

• Ladies the part of the story that did give me a giggle was..

4x4 stopped as she was putting dog in her car and bearing in mind its was dark this guy stuck his head out of the window and asked "so what are you going to do now?"

I have edited her reply which was "a bit more than you".

That's my girl !!!!

• My goodness, it was very windy in Elgin today! We were nearly blown over several times. We had lunch and then did the tour of the shops. We were just about to purchase books in Waterstones when the shop was plunged into darkness.Power cut. Only for a moment but the computerized tills had crashed. The granddaughters had chosen books ( a tradition when I take them shopping) so I presented the check out girl with cash and we escaped. The same thing happened half an hour later in another shop. Then when we got to the train station found out that the train was delayed (not by much) because of a tree on the line earlier. DIANE would accept all this with just a shrug!! Here, it is not the norm :-( and we Brits do so like to suffer and complain about things that are not really all that bad.....

• Lovely story about the dog, Wendy. Well done to your daughter. Glad it has a happy ending.

I hope that drivers ears were ringing after hearing the unedited version of  daughter's reply.

To all Lakeland fans, I received my Christmas (can I say it yet?) gift catalogue today. I like the light-up winter tree, but it is very extravagant, and nothing to do with cooking. So maybe not.

• Heather B said:

My goodness, it was very windy in Elgin today! We were nearly blown over several times. We had lunch and then did the tour of the shops. We were just about to purchase books in Waterstones when the shop was plunged into darkness.Power cut. Only for a moment but the computerized tills had crashed. The granddaughters had chosen books ( a tradition when I take them shopping) so I presented the check out girl with cash and we escaped. The same thing happened half an hour later in another shop. Then when we got to the train station found out that the train was delayed (not by much) because of a tree on the line earlier. DIANE would accept all this with just a shrug!! Here, it is not the norm :-( and we Brits do so like to suffer and complain about things that are not really all that bad.....

Heather: I hope that you and everyone in the north stay safe! It's very nice that you buy books for your granddaughters!
    Oh, no. I wouldn't just shrug. I've never liked being in total darkness, and I don't like silence, either. My little house was built "tight", so it blocks most of the noise and light from outdoors. You should hear the sweary words that come out of my mouth when the power goes out here! I'm always the first one in the area to call the power company and report the outage. :-)
  • Well, I'm safe, DIANE, OH is safe but I got a call an hour ago to say that youngest daughter has been taken to hospital in Elgin after a fall. She was with her two girls and some friends and their children, in Duffus Park. Waiting to hear how things are. She can't weight bear. I hope it is just an ankle sprain.

• WENDY  Sounds like there will be a happy ending to this story.  I hope the kind couple end up with him.

• HEATHER   hope your daughters fall is not too serious.