Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

This is a very special week because it begins with a rare astronomical phenomenon. On 27-28 September, most folks on this thread can enjoy several coinciding events:

• A full moon. The moon will turn full at 3:51 a.m. in the U.K., 10:51 p.m. in the eastern U.S., and 7:51 p.m. in California.
  • The closest full moon of the year. Within an hour of becoming full, the moon reaches perigee and its closest approach to earth for the year of 2015.
  • A Harvest Moon. This is the moon closest to the autumnal equinox in the northern hemisphere.
  • A total lunar eclipse!!!
  • This is the fourth and final eclipse of a lunar tetrad. A lunar tetrad is four consecutive total eclipses of the moon (with no partial lunar eclipses in between), each of which is separated from the other by six lunar months.

You can find complete info here and here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Total Eclipse of the Moon
U.S. Navy photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• Heather: I'm so very sorry that you had to suffer the pain of such a profound loss.

Brenda: I'm so pleased that you will get to see your son and his OH twice before the end of the year! I know how much you miss them.

Nice to hear from OG!

Hope Margo enjoys the show she is due to attend.

I haven't been online much today. 35 mph winds here, cold rain, and the power went out three times -- the last time for a couple of hours this evening. I unplugged my computer to avoid damage. Everything is fine, though.

Take care, all. I'll be back later today to start the new thread. Have a good Saturday.

• Good morning everyone

No sun here, yet but we're hoping!

MARGO - if you are reading this- have a great evening with Bryan Ferry xx

• Good Morning Everyone. A very foggy morning here, It doesn't seem to be moving yet.

My son and his wife would be glad to get away from the Indonesian forest fire pollution, right now, which is plaguing Singapore. They have had to start wearing masks.

So upsetting to see all the abandoned dogs in Greece, because their owners can no longer afford to feed them.

I was also watching an item on the news about a couple, who didn't attend a wedding, because they had problems about child minders, on the actual day. The American bride has sent a bill to the couple, for the food that was not eaten, because of their absence. The couple, who didn't attend the wedding and have never apologised to the bride, either before or after the event, have not paid, but have posted the invoice on Facebook. There are many arguments about what should have happened .

Diane, To have one power cut is usually an inconvenience, but to have three, is two too many.

Margo, Enjoy this evening. I hope you remember all the words to the songs :-))

• Those pixies know the best place for cage traps

• SO autumn this morning - still dry, but less sunshine, and the sound of chainsaw man in the woods nearby. A working day - at least for our two men -here at Daughter's today.  Reverted to the pancakes for breakfast - but asked to be reduced to just four of them today!

Have a good weekend, EVERYONE, and enjoy the show, MARGO.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Alan, I certainly hope the so called pixies do not leave those cages in the trees as in your photograph or indeed in the undergrowth, after having been cut.. They are a danger to all wildlife now !!! 

• BRENDA- I hadn't realised about the Indonesian fires. Will look it up. I know that your reply to DIANE was a serious one, about her inconvenient loss of the internet/ power outages. However I had a chuckle because I thought it sounded very much like Lady B in The Importance of being Earnest! 'To lose one parent etc etc'.

OG- Yes, the weather has definitely become autumnal up here.

DIANE - joking aside, stay safe.

BRENDA- I saw that article about the bride invoicing the 'no show' guests:-(  or :-)  I'm not sure!

• Heather, The Indonesians fires are an annual event. If you Google 'Indonesian forest fires, you will find many reports on it. NASA has photographed them and says they could be the worst ever, this year.

I think in my sub conscience, my reply to Diane, there must have been a connection. LOL

• HEATHER   I knew the saying "to lose 2 is positively careless" but couldn't think where it was from. That and "in a HANDBAG" are classics.

the first pic is the lipizzaner arena and after that the "Neptune Fountain in Schonbrunn gardens.

• Great that The Mirror is covering the Badger Cull and the licence breaches by shooters on the front page.