Satellite Tracked Ospreys (non-LG) Oct 2014 -

This topic replaces Satellite Tracked Ospreys (non-LG) Aug 2012-Sep 2014

The scope - following the travels of tracked ospreys "not from Loch Garten", either originating in the UK or overseas.  

Can I ask for some help in starting off the thread. If you are the first person to post about a bird in the restarted thread, can you please give the name of the project which is tracking it, and supply a link to the project website.

Many thanks - Sue  

• Tiger I can not be for sure as this movement mirrors what he did last February. I was on Bioko last March 2014 also and by that time he was well settled down off a river that flows off Moca on the south coast an area he enjoyed after this trip to nigeria and back. cant imagine he will like the Niger Delta.

I dare say it will be a strong urge to pull him away from these very rich fishing grounds around the south coast of Bioko.

Maybe the urge to wander and maybe he will go elsewhere and settle for a wee while.

• Thanks jaydee - a fascinating read, also thank you to Paul for the graphs.  I suppose he is just doing what ospreys do, maybe the human equivalent of a couple of nights away :)  I just hope he stays safe.

• Thank You Jaydee for the detailed update, so very interesting to read.    Always look forward to your blogs :-)     Stay safe UV.

• Thank you jaydee. and Paul. I have to admit, all this wandering around does worry me. I wish the adult birds would leave. 

• Excellent news, Kielder 7H has been seen in her usual haunt near Azemmour, still with tracker. Non-functioning variety. Huge thanks to Pip.

• Thanks jaydee. Great news about 7H. I wonder how many ospreys are still around with non functioning trackers? I suspect there are quite a few.