Technical Test Thread 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20

• In reply to scylla:

I think you may well top the list scylla for the most unread notifications. And what about those poor 14 people whose messages you've not read....?

• Why is it so rare for me to have this appear on my screen?

I've more or less got used to going to 'Main Website' followed by 'Community' but it's still a pain in the backside.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

I have the same issue all the time, started after the site changes (I won't say upgrade)

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• When this happens to me, I go down to the bottom of the page and click Online Community, still a pain but maybe quicker than Main Website then Community?

Edit: Doh, that will not work for me today!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• If it helps I have had a number of issues around posting, particularly with photos, sometimes with Text and also in messaging.
    I have discussed this at length with the IT staff and it seems that the contractor who provides The Community site updates once a year around June/July time. I also learn that some browsers may have a problem, I use Edge by default.
    It seems that the main browsers catered for are Chrome and Safari so others, like Edge, may have issues.
    My views on this are unprintable!

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Catlady:

Lynn L said:
    When this happens to me, I go down to the bottom of the page and click Online Community, still a pain but maybe quicker than Main Website then Community?

Catlady, you're a genius!  That's much quicker.

I'm using Opera, by the way.

EDIT: Is Lynn L anything like your real name?  I keep appearing as Clare Bailey - and I've never been called Bailey.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare I am sure others had this problem 'MIKE'?among others, if I get a mo ,will try and lookback,for solution Doh!!!

• Clare. If anyone quotes my posts I appear as 'Mike B'. No idea why!
    I've been called worse but still another anomaly that the IT staff can't solve.
    Good to read that you and Limpy have been getting out and about.

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

Mike B said:
    Clare. If anyone quotes my posts I appear as 'Mike B'. No idea why!

Thanks Mike,saves me looking , cos I thought you resolved it Doh!!

• Hi Kate. Many issues remain unresolved and the more I discuss it with the IT staff the more I despair!

Birdies LG DU update.