News from other nests 2013/2014

I have just had a look at Sanibel cam and I see an Osprey has arrived.   No idea who it is - is it Ripply from last year or a new bird.  I remember last year finding a facebook/blog page about this nest but for the life of me can't remember what it was so can't compare images from last season, so if anyone else can remember......

• I have seen two ospreys on this nest this season, but they didn't seem to like each other very much and stood back to back. Maybe Ripply has a lot of apologising to do!

• Yes I can well imagine scylla

• Lin Lawson recognises Ripply easily and says that this is not he.

I've already posted this on Tiger's FB Osprey page but not everyone here goes there, so...

The crows are already being pesky!  One of them deliberately (I claim ;-) ) tipped the osp's remaining large stick off the nest:

Our osp then brought in a small stick, may have noticed his big stick gone, left and returned with a lovely big bunch of leaves:

That was around 0925hr local time, and no osprey has been on the nest since (as far as I can see).

• Unknown said:

I have seen two ospreys on this nest this season, but they didn't seem to like each other very much and stood back to back. Maybe Ripply has a lot of apologising to do!

LMAC, I think that prospective courting couples do that sometimes.  I know that someone else has seen male and female together, maybe it was the female you saw and she has rejected him :-( .... ;-)

• Scylla, the female had markings on the head similar to Belle and a lightly speckled necklace but as I don't them that well I may be wrong.  Whoever she is she sits for a long time shouting and looking for something to eat and then eventually leaves.   I don't have sound but you can clearly see that is what she is doing.

• Is there a specific facebook page for Sanibel this year.  The Oceans Reach facebook page does not contain any nest news from Lin etc as it did last year.

• There is only Tiger's Osprey Webcam Group discussing it at the moment, in a thread started by Lin.

Ocean's Reach are strangely silent, I wouldn't have known the cam was up were it not for Lin's post.

• Unknown said:
    the female had markings on the head similar to Belle and a lightly speckled necklace but as I don't them that well I may be wrong.

It's been decided that it is Belle, and she seems to be bonding with the male who has apparently claimed the nest.  He's been nestorising, faffed for ages with this bunch of hay ;-D

This was Belle's first visit this morning:

• BTW, the crows were a nuisance yesterday, one of them deliberately tipped a large stick off the nest!

• Thanks Scylla I've not seen an osprey for two days on that nest. Glad it's Belle, I hope she has a more successful year.  I wonder if something did happen to Ripply last year when he just disappeared.