Virtual Tour of the Loch Garten Visitor Centre and the surrounding area - taken June 4th, 2013

For anyone who has not visited Loch Garten, or is not able to - you may wish see what it is like inside and out the Osprey Visitor Centre

• Hello Mary,

I'm so sorry! I'm sure that I would have so much enjoyed this video as well as the Dyfi one, but because of some music-copyright-reasons I'm not able to watch it here in Germany. Nevertheless, I'm convinced that you had lots of work with it and that you did a wonderful job.

Kind regards, Bente

• Only just found the film and really impressed. It brought back happy memories of my visit to LG a few years ago but also fully agree with other comments about the perspective it gives for those avid osprey enthusiasts who cant get to LG in person. So hopefully there will be virtual tours of other Centres around the country that we follow in due course.

• Thank You Bente and Peps.   

Bente it is such a shame that you cannot view the video or hear the music, sorry about that, you will have to come in person then :-) :-)

• MaryGK said:

For anyone who has not visited Loch Garten, or is not able to - you may wish see what it is like inside and out the Osprey Visitor Centre

www.youtube.com/watch

I thought I would bring this back for any new member of this RSPB Community Forum member who joined after this video was posted onto this forum by MaryGK on the 7th June 2013. I bookmarked this video from that year. I’ve only visited Loch Garten once myself in the 1970’s.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:
    MaryGK said:

For anyone who has not visited Loch Garten, or is not able to - you may wish see what it is like inside and out the Osprey Visitor Centre. 

www.youtube.com/watch

That's very thoughtful of you, THOMO!  I hope you are well.

I think we're waiting for something to rival MARY's movie since the redesign/refurbishment of the VC - in fact, at the beginning of March I plan to start a petition for her to do a remake - if Spielberg can do it for West Side Story.... Stuck out tongue winking eye 

Seriously, tho - the 2013 version is very rewarding to rewatch Purple heart 

IMAGICAT

• Thanks for that reminder of the excellent video THOMO

-- We were all set for our first ever visit this summer, but it was not to be. We were especially excited to see things since the refurb, as they have included an extract from a poem of mine about EJ in one of the displays. Never mind, we hope to go in 2022, health and covid permitting!

• Wow, that's a blast from the past, with so many happy memories.  

The year of EJ's dalliance with Blue XD before Odin returned, and XD's mate, Green J, returned.  Odin wasn't a happy bunny when EJ laid the first egg.  Several times Odin kicked it to the rim and EJ returned it when he left the nest.  After four days of the poor egg being kicked out and rolled back to be incubated the shell finally cracked and eventually EJ removed the broken egg.  

Egg #2 arrived the next day and yet again Odin rejected it, and kicked it out to the rim.  EJ returned it and incubated, but later in the day Odin kicked it out again and it was broken.  Two days later EJ laid a third egg but this time Odin accept it  as his, and incubated it.  A fourth egg was laid.  Oighrig  Blue CF5 and Breagha CF4 fledged successfully.  

This has led me to go back over their short lives, and what an amazing feat of Noisette and her friend Alain achieved in searching for Breagha on his second migration south.  He made it to France and spent the summer there in 2015, but lost his life further south in France.  Her determination to recover the tag and the body was amazing.

Thank you Thomo for the reminder, and Mary for making the original video.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Noisette and her friend Alain went way above and beyond to find the body and the tag. It was only their dogged determination that produced the result.
  • Thank you for the step-by-step reminder, SHEILA Astonished Blush

Mike B said:
    Noisette and her friend Alain went way above and beyond to find the body and the tag. It was only their dogged determination that produced the result.

Indeed! and what an emotional time it was Cry Hugging

IMAGICAT

• Thanks Scylla! I just hope I'm correct!!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/