optics day

can anyone tell me if they know of any optics events this coming weekend,as i am after part ex my binoculars.hopefully one in and around suffolk area or north essex,even if one is coming up soon please let me know at : smithfamily34@tiscali.co.uk

• Hello, I don't know of any in Suffolk but according to the RSPB website there will be one on 9th May at Titchwell in Norfolk.  You could try the Suffolk Wildlife Trusts website to see if they are hosting any?

• We have an optics demo at Minsmere on 28/29 April. We also have a good selection of binoculars and telescopes available to try and buy every day in the Minsmere shop, with specially trained volunteers always available ot help you choose the right pair.

Bear in mind, that if you buy your new optics fromt he RSPB, 100% of the profits go to conservation, which won't be the case with any other outlets. However, the RSPB does not take old binoculars in part exchange as we don't see secondhand pairs. We do, however, take any unwanted old optics and recondition them for use in conservation projects in developing countries.

Hope this is of use.