It will be all white on the night

The Great White Egret continues to be a regular visitor to the reserve and it seems to be the season for all things white.  Visitors to the reserve who come early or late are almost guaranteed to see one or even two Barn Owls.  I often see one floating along Dib Road, the track that leads to the reserve.  You need to keep your eyes on the road though because the pot-holes are awful!  (We are working towards getting this sorted but please be patient - the track does not belong to the RSPB.  If you are a very car-proud person you might prefer to walk from the main road ).  Perhaps we may get some snow soon but, so far, noone else has spotted the snowy owl that one observer reported last week.

• Unknown said:

...................................... You need to keep your eyes on the road though because the pot-holes are awful!  ..............

You can say that again LOL.   , and while you're repairing the road how about adding a bit of wind protection to the shelter ?

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.

• Great point about the wind protection needed for the shelter Tony,  I can put up with the pot-holed road (just drive verrrry slowly) but when I'm standing in the shelter with my scope it doesn't matter how much I wrap up, some days it is impossible to use as the wind makes your eyes water and there really is now escape or anywhere to stand to get out of it.....  when is a shelter not a shelter? - hmmm....  just a few pieces of wooden board across the bottom under the sign and across the sides would work very well!!  please, please, please can someone look into this, thanks... I'm happy to help with the construction as well!!