Albino sparrows

Good day all,

I trust that you are all well. You may already know but.......there is a family of white sparrows living on Station Road, Talacre; as you aproach Point of Ayr. I say white rather than albino because, as of yet I haven't seen the pinks of their eyes!

Cought one or two with the camra but was to far away to produce a decent photo for posting. I intend keeping an eye on them and seeing if I can get a better photo using a telephoto lens!

This morning,  I also saw that the shingle spit as been litter picked and ropes put in place to protect the tern nesting area from human intrusion. I took the liberty of litter picking the tide line from the ropes to the closest carpark beach entrance. Filled three black bin bags with trash. It's amazing how many plastic shopping bags turn up on the high tide lines. Mostly Asda bags, I must add. Aparantly the council workmen don't touch that section of beach!

Has anyone else bumped into the white sparrows, or the peregrine that is knocking about?

Perhaps together we can make a difference :)

• HI sandpiper,

A massive thanks for your voluntary clear up!

The fence is to protect any nesting birds not just terns whilst also keeping the roost free from humans over high tides.

Not heard about the white sparrows - I'll lokk out for them next time!

paul

• Hi Paul,

the little white guys can be seen nipping in and out of the hawthorn hedging just past the the fork in Station Road.  They tend to bob about in the area of the road and the garden opposite. As far as I can recall, I have't see any cats in this area; so the little chaps should only have to worry about the speeding traffic first thing in the morning :-)

Will be down there later this week, so may be able to capture one or two snaps of them. Will post any successfull shots here.

Perhaps together we can make a difference :)