Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

What have you seen today..

Hi Guys and Dolls...

sorry havnt been around much but so so busy... anyway i did like to know what wildlife you are seeing around your garden now..

Today i have seen a large amount of wildlife so i am going to list them below...... this is just in my garden mind not anywhere else so i wanta know what you seen in your garden....

BlueTits x4, Great Tits x2, Greenfiches x2, Hedgesparrows x6, House sparrows x10+, Blackbirds x4+, Thursh x1 (song), SparrowHawk x1, wren x1, robins x2, woodpigeon x4+,  colly doves x6+,

dont just look enjoy and leave for others to share after you. we dont own the earth we just rent a small part of it....

• So far today in my garden:

2 blue tits; 1 great tit; 4 long tailed tits; 2 blackbirds ( one male, one female); 1 dunnock; 2 collared doves; 2 mapgies; 2 blackcaps (two male, one female - possibly affected by the British Airways strike, since they still show no signs of migrating); 4 greenfinches; a handful of goldfinches; mealworms and waxworms, closely followed by ten thousand starlings (well, ok, maybe it was more like 12); 1 wood pigeon; 1 carrion crow; 4 gulls flying overhead (two herring and two black-headed, I think); three cats, one grey squirrel and an escaped Jack Russell from down the road.

No pear tree, so no partridge. 

I also caught a glimpse of something flying over that looked like a swift, but I think I must be mistaken about that one.

BB

• I like threads like this, makes for interesting reading what other members have got going on :o)

Today I have seen

House Sparrows (my colony, around 30+ birds), 8 Blackbirds (4 male, 4 female), 2 Blue Tits, 1 Woodpigeon, 3 Collared Doves, 6 Starlings and a Dunnock.

The Sparrowhawk flew over earlier and saturday, sunday, monday and tuesday I had 2 visiting Goldfinches!

• So far today,

• 2 jackdaws
    • 6 feral pigeons
    • dozens of starlings
    • 1 starling collecting dry grass
    • 15 plus house sparrows
    • 2 pairs of dunnocks, busy courting and singing
    • 3 male and 1 female blackbird, busy being territorial
    • 2 goldfinches
    • 2 greenfinches
    • 1 robin
    • 1 pair of collared doves (behaving with decorum today)
    • 1 blue tit
    • black headed gulls overhead
    • 1 male chaffinch
    • 2 dogs
    • 1 neighbour busy drilling outside - very annoying

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr