Diversity and Inclusion statistics for the volunteer workforce

Hi,

I'm 25 and have been volunteering with my RSPB local group since the beginning of the year. It's very rewarding and enjoyable. I also appreciate the opportunity it's given me; it's great to action my love for nature and know that I'm part of a like-minded community, working together alongside a charity with goals close to my beliefs.

I hope that an admin or staff member can help me answer this question.

I'd like to know what the diversity and inclusion rates are for the volunteer workforce. How many volunteers are there in total, and what are the ratios like in terms of representation for the following? 

- BAME
- LGBTQ+

In terms of transparency, is there a place where volunteers can find this info themselves? Is there anyone who's working on this internally on behalf of volunteers, and is looking in to ensuring that a broad selection of applicants are going volunteer roles? 

Would be interested in hearing how equal representation is weighted in this area :) 

Thanks, keep up the amazing work!

J

Parents
  • Hi Christell,

Whistling Joe is absolutely right, best place to start is on our website at www.rspb.org.uk/volunteering to see our current volunteering roles, these are updated regularly as new opportunities arise. You can also contact us directly by emailing volunteers@rspb.org.uk with your specific areas of interest and time you will be available and we can look into finding you a volunteering opportunity to suit you.
  • Hi Christell,

Whistling Joe is absolutely right, best place to start is on our website at www.rspb.org.uk/volunteering to see our current volunteering roles, these are updated regularly as new opportunities arise. You can also contact us directly by emailing volunteers@rspb.org.uk with your specific areas of interest and time you will be available and we can look into finding you a volunteering opportunity to suit you.
Children
No Data