How do i become a volunteer

How do I become a volunteer and what would it consist of doing. 

I am great with a computer, am currently stuck at home because of Covid-19 and would love to fill my time with helping and volunteering for my new hobby. 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Thanks 

Kathryn

• Normally I'd suggest you start off by having a chat with your local reserve Visitor Experience/Volunteer co-ord team - they would help you get involved, but of course, the vast majority are stood down at present. There is an on-line search tool where you can search for volunteering opportunities www.rspb.org.uk/.../ which is certainly worth a look. In my experience, there are normally a lot more opportunities to get involved than those on that list however. For example, at my local Minsmere, there are regular work parties doing reserve management type stuff & they're not advertised on the website. What sort of role are you looking for?
  • Thank you for your reply.

I was just hoping I could do something to help from home with current circumstances upon us.

I've got a laptop etc so can do some admin work etc.

Have had a look on the link you sent me, all i can find is in Buckinghamshire which is too far away for me as it says would need to go to monthly meetings etc.

Kath
  • You may be out of luck in the short term, even admin roles do-able from home would likely need some initial on-site involvement to kick things off and we're back to a big chunk of the people you'd liaise with not being available at present. There's a central email address you can try (if you haven't found it already) volunteers@rspb.org.uk - they may be able to point you at someone local. I can point you at someone myself if you're in Suffolk, but that's about my limits of knowledge :-)
  • Thank you so much for all your help.

I will send an email and ask.

Hope you are keeping well

Kath GrinGrin