BIRD SIGHTINGS SCARBOROUGH YO12

I have several pairs of blackbirds fighting over nesting sites.  A large feeding station attracts sparrows, dunnocks, coal tits, long tailed tits, great tits and blue tits.  Suet blocks are feeding magpies.  I have seen a pair of bullfinches (yes, bullfinches, not chaffinches) and greenfinches/goldfinches.

Have also seen several robins - two of which were fighting.  There is a huge population of wood pigeons and collared doves.  I have five nesting boxes, two of which are housing nesting sparrows (they were supposed to be for the blue tits, but no chance!).  I have, sadly, only seen one Mistle Thrush.  The birds of prey know where to come for easy pickings.   I have seen sparrowhawks, gliding and hovering kestrels and a buzzard (eating a rabbit).  There was also a bird of prey I did not recognize.  Weirdly, it had orange legs rather than yellow and was very slender, about the size of a sparrowhawk.  It landed on my shed and the thud woke me up.  It was brown in colour and speckled.  I regret I have no decent camera, so cannot take any photos.  Last year I saw very few starlings. 

• Hi Bosley welcome to the forum from me in Barnsley.

Great description of your situation - I almost feel I'm there when reading it. I'm sure one of the experts will recognise your Bird of Prey.

And you don't need fancy kit to put photos on here - take em with your phone or whatever, if we can tell they're birds we love to see em!

Regards

Ian