Crow Rescue!

Spotted a crow, this morning, that had got itself trapped by the wing between the guttering and a pipe on the roof of the local chippy. What was amazing was that other crows were flocking and calling and some of them appeared to be trying to pull it free.

They gave up after a while and left the poor thing to its fate. The chippy owner arrived soon after so I lent them my ladders and they managed to get it free and it fluttered to the ground but obviously could not fly. Quite a crowd had gathered but none of them wanted to try to capture the poor bird. Spoke to the chippy owner who gave me a sturdy cotton apron and I followed after the crow and eventually managed to pick it up. My granddaughter fetched our old cat carrier (last used to house an injured racing pigeon which we managed to reunite with its owner) so I popped it inside and the chippy owner took the bird to the local vet.

All very exciting, just annoyed at myself that I didn't think to get any pictures! :-)

p.s. how does one get local help for these sorts of incidents? The RSPCA weren't interested as they said they were just a shelter. Surely they have numbers to call for assistance.