Highlight of Birdwatch.

My highlight was a bit of luck as there was a strong EES wind and a flock of siskins(15-18) were on a large willow tree and trying to head in a westerly direction and after several attempts to fly a pair decided to shelter in a birch tree thats behind the fence and flew down towards the feed for an energy boost which was situated under a apple tree on a patio slab...My disappointment was when the snow fell a pair of Field fairs were munching on fallen apples (which they seem to stop other birds feeding around them) and the following day on Bird Watch they disappeared and haven't come back since, Another feat was getting the Great Tit to land on the peanut feeder on the apple tree...After several ajustments he finally had a nibble!

• Maybe the same group of siskins were doing the rounds - they were 1/4 mile from my home when I walked the dog before doing the Birdwatch hour.  And our four fieldfares spent a week on Waitrose apples , in truth most of the time fighting the resident blackbirds.  The Song Thrush was too much for them to handle though.