Birdwatch weekend

I'm so glad I'm not on my own. One blackbird all weekend. I usually get collared doves, more than one blackbird, sparrows, dunnocks, starlings, blue tits, great tits - but not birdwatch weekend - just one blackbird and he didn't stay long!

• im glad  i  did my   bird count on saturday  there was plenty of birds  at  8 am in the morning  , but sunday  ,,what happed,wear were they?

• I was the same, very count during my count!

Cheers, Jason

• Very odd bird activity this weekend.  There was a flock of between 20 and 30 herring gulls swooping and hovering about three gardens down from mine on both days and this seemed to affect the usual number and variety of birds visiting my garden.  The gulls had not been there on the Friday and have not been in evidence since.  I did a count on both days and at different times getting very similar numbers but I have to say that they were not a true representative of the birds that usually feed in my garden.

• Same here! Very few of my regulars visited bird watch weekend! Only bonus was that during the bad weather we had visits from a female blackcap and a field fare, never been seen before in the garden so every cloud has a silver lining! Few more birds around now, but none of the many sparrow that used to frequent the garden last year. Think killer cat next door has something to do with it. Have tried everything to deter her but nothing works. Any ideas??

• I agree there was not many as usual at my garden ,they must have known we were counting them for the birdwatch weekend :)