My 'small' garden birdwatch results = 19 different species and 81 birds :)

This is the first time I have taken part in the RSPB Garden Birdwatch survey, although I have been observing and photographing the birds in my garden since moving into my present home just over 2 years ago. I am very pleased with the results, as most of the species that I see on a daily basis turned up to be counted in my hour, 11.30 to 12.30 today. I had seen a Lesser Redpoll yesterday, which had come in with the Siskins, and was hoping it would come in during my count today which it did...just! I was also happy to see a Brambling female who I thought I had spotted a couple of days previously but had been unsure about until I had a positive sighting of her today during the count.

Despite the fact that I watch the birds in my garden daily I found it an extremely enjoyable experience to join in with this survey and to know that I am helping the RSPB collect information which will be of help to them in their work :)

Judy Kennett

• Hi Judy, brambling, lesser redpoll and siskins, wow! Thanks for taking part, I can't wait to see what the results will show this year, i'm guessing they will tell a very different story to last year!

Warden Intern at Otmoor.