Garden survey

We saw 7 different species, but counted 13 house sparrows at one point! Nothing outstanding and didn't see the resident doves, Woodpecker or crows, jackdaws etc.... First time doing the count but enjoyed it! Gets quite addictive!!!!

• I have house Sparows in the garden, but must admit that they disapeared for a while.  My residents at the moment are the Pied Wagtails.  I seem to get Dunnocks when the weather is turning cold, but don't see them through the year! Since living here I have know a Wren to investigate the garden, and was hopping around for about half an hour, and a Robin who also only comes when the weather is cold.  I have only seen one Blackbird who never reappeared.  But that was while I was digging the garden and it was looking for worms.  My neighbour has two cats who seem to want to dig my lovely garden up, and obviously that has deterred the birds slightly.  Whatever I do, I cannot control these cats, as much as I love animals they are getting to be a pest, and dread it in the spring when I go and get my garden smartened up again.  They have pulled all my pansies out and dug up bulbs, I borrowed a gadget that omitted a squeal but that did not deter them.  I have put Garlic salt on the garden but when it rains that goes.  Has anybody any ideas please!

Make a special place for wildlife. They deserve it!

• All done and submitted. Typical though, there were so many birds before and after my "Survey Hour"

• The only thing that deters them is the fact that I turn my hose pipe on them and I have warned the neighbours why they will be wet when he seems them!  The problem there is that I would have to be there every time they come into the garden! I have even seen them sitting on my pond with a paw in the water obviously trying to catch a fish or two. I thought they got the message when they saw me go for the hose but they sneak in when i'm not looking LOL  Thanks for your reply Alan

Make a special place for wildlife. They deserve it!