Is it cheating

I watch my garden and the woodland just behind us every day so I knew what hour would be best.  You should have seen my garden... It was like an aviary out there.  Dozens of birds in my wee garden all at once.  AND... after the hour was up 4 red legged partridges came wandering through.  We used to have a peacock that visited our garden daily but he was killed by a fox a few years ago.  I wonder what the RSPB would have made of that if they'd seen a peacock on my list  LOL... What great fun it is to watch these wee creatures every day.  I'm disabled so they're a real treat every day to see them through my large window from my chair.

• Hello Tuxedo and welcome to the forum.

Your garden sounds ideal, and you must see a great variety of birds having a woodland just beyond it. It's a perfect hobby for those who aren't quite as mobile, and long may you continue to enjoy it!

Mr. Sparrow and I had a week's holiday in a cottage in Northumberland a few years ago where we were treated to a small group of wild peacocks and peahens every day. I was amazed to see them. No doubt they were originally in a collection somewhere, but managed to escape and form a small colony in the wild.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr