BGBW What was you Star Species?

It's all done for another year, at least for me.  I got the usual suspects and no more, so I have I've awarded my star status to the Goldfinch - they came out in force for me, and I didn't get any last year.  I got 8 species last year, 5 this year, and only 2 of these were on last year's list - interesting.  Which species was the star for everyone else?

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein

• Hi Ian,Oh,they are not flocking-the Sparrows do that but I do not seem to have so many here,the Dunnocks come down around the edges of the paddock and yes,all feed from the ground,a friend of mine has never seen so many in one place but don't forget it is over one acre in size-probably one and a half acres.I put seed down around the circumference and in feeders and tables which are scattered all over.I shall add some pictures soon :)

• I had 23 Starlings turn up right at the start of Yesterday morning's count.  So once again they finish top of the list for flocking speices :-)  As usual I had a brilliant time doing the BGBW.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.