ROBINS

We thought Robins only fed on the ground - is it common for them to hold on to hanging bird feeders? we have quite a clever one!

• Hi Vivvy.They are happy to use tables and trays etc .I have never seen one use any of my hanging feeders.I am sure some members probably have, but still think you definitely have a clever bird there  :0))).

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• I also have a Robin that regularly takes sunflower hearts from a feeder.

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.

• It's amazing the lengths birds will go to when there's some tasty food on offer.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Hi, we have 2 regular Robins in our garden.  One has been feeding regularly since being a fluffy baby and I have witnessed him many times eyeing up the nut feeders and then trying to grip onto them - with little success.  After several attempts he settles for the bits that have dropped to the floor! However, we have recently spotted another Robin hanging from the nut feeder just like the sparrows and tits do! He has mastered it quite well! I am 100% certain it is the newer Robin who can hang on to the feeders as we have seen them both together in the apple tree and the younger Robin has just looked on at his new friend as if he wants to copy him! Jo x

Jo x

tweet tweet.......

• I just love that photo TJ.

I've never seen one on my seed hanging feeders but they do use a hanger I have for suet pellets.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi TJ I am new to the RSPB forum, can you tell me how I post my photos>

• @Maria: If you go to 'rich formatting' just under your text box when you reply, you will see a little picture of a mountain with a plus sign. click that, browse for the picture you want to upload and then insert when its uploaded.

My robin can get onto high flat mesh feeders and those cylinder fat feeders, but he can only acess hanging feeders if theres a flat perch close enough (e.g a branch)

Great picture TeeJay! haha

Junior Humble! 

"it is not only fine feathers that make a fine bird" ~ Aesop

• Unknown said:
    Hi TJ I am new to the RSPB forum, can you tell me how I post my photos>

I can. Click on any Reply box. Then on Rich Text Formatting underneath. This will open a much larger editing box. You can enter text here as well if you want to. Then click on the third icon from the left at the top. It looks like a little TV screen. This will open a dialogue box. Wait until the box expands a bit (software quirk) and then browse for the photo on your computer. Open it. Wait until it says uploaded and then insert. Your photo should appear. Sounds more complicated than it is.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

•  Here's my Robin on a feeder

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.