Lots more Leucistic birds around than ever before???

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forums here and already I love reading all the posts.

I just wanted to throw this one in for some feedback because I am noticing more and more Leucistic birds than ever before. Im not sure if this is just because Ive now moved to a heavy wildlife area and Im obviously getting more garden visitors to spot these things or have they always been around? Im seeing more pictures sent in on forums about this type of thing and would love to know what is causing it?

I managed to film what I identified as a Leucistic Chaffinch the other day (Il post a link to the video if any one would like to see?)

At first I got so excited thinking Id managed to spot a new bird that Id never seen before, well I almost did :)

It stood out hugely next to the others and seemed to sit for longer periods pondering before going down to feeders to eat. Definitely different behaviour to the other chaffinches.

Thanks for reading,

Lauren.

My days in the garden would be empty & sad without the birds and their beautiful song. I'm worried that one day I will be alone in that garden when all he birds have gone.