A newcomer

Hi.  This is the first year that we have taken part in the BGBW and it was really woth the effort.  The food was put out at 9.30, which is a bit later than normal and there were birds litterally queing up for their grub.  It was late because I wanted to set up the camera from the vantage point in the kitchen and wanted better light for the pics.  Had to set up at 800ASA as it was.  Anyway, we were rewarded by a veritable deluge of birds and I got some reasonable pics, albeit through the kitchen's double glazed window.  My problem is finding out how to upload them to this web site!  I WILL get there!

Twowisebirds from Yorkshire.

• Hi

Not sure how to reply to an email that I recieved this morning about the Waxwings, so doing it through here.

The email said that Waxwings went for apples - I didn't know that.  Maybe that's what they came down for as I have three crab apple trees in the fornt garden and the lawn is - was - littered with old fruit; now rotting down.  However, the ammount of fruit is much diminished and I now suspect the Waxwings have taken most of it.  As I only saw out of the back window I would have missed any out front.

Twowisebirds from Yorkshire.