My very chilly morning!

As I started work at 9am today i done my birdwatch this morning, between, 7.30 - 8.30am. So, hidden in my shed with a lovely boiling hot coffee, I got under way.

I waited only a couple of minutes for a dunnock to scrurry from the hedge at the rear of my garden and forage about under were the seed feeder is hanging. 

Next a blackbird comes over the fence, barely putting his two feet down, before being noisily chased into next door by another. 

Our resident house sparrows, now living in the bush, because the council filled the holes in the eaves up, come to life and immediatly swamp the feeding stations.  One of them trying to bath in the pond looked puzzled, as it was frozen!

Great tit, blue tits, a couple of robins quarralling and a rather fat looking wood pigeon all came and fed and watered.   A pair of collared doves waited patiently for a turn. 

Now I`m at work as a park ranger i`m doing it all over again with a group of children, I love my job! I also really enjoyed my big garden birdwatch.

To tell you truthfully I do it everyday!