Squirrel deterrents

We love squirrels, but we also love to spot birds. Am about to buy loads of bird feeders to  put in and around my oak trees to really make the most of my garden. Any advice from anyone on succesfully stopping the squirrels eating all the bird food.? Perhaps top tips on where to locate the feeders, types of squirrel proof feeder on the market, old wives tales even..Anything at all much appreciated. Thank you.

• Hello Naturenutsmum,

Welcome to the forum,you will pick up lots of tips and advice here,we all love to share our pictures aswell.In answer to your question,there are Squirrel proof feeders around to buy .But my advise would be to go on to the main forum,where more people will read your question.There are different headings and I would post under the advice one I think.You will get a lot more replys on the main forum rather than post here maybe.Do hope this helps.You could also type Squirrel In the search box and other peoples post should come up for you to read through.Good luck!

Littleowl

• Thank you for this Little Owl. I will have a good look around the site and be sure to make the most of it. Looks like a great community with lots going on. Best wishes

• jean a said:

Hello Naturenutsmum,

Welcome to the forum,you will pick up lots of tips and advice here,we all love to share our pictures aswell.In answer to your question,there are Squirrel proof feeders around to buy .But my advise would be to go on to the main forum,where more people will read your question.There are different headings and I would post under the advice one I think.You will get a lot more replys on the main forum rather than post here maybe.Do hope this helps.You could also type Squirrel In the search box and other peoples post should come up for you to read through.Good luck!

Littleowl