A beautiful Friday on the Suffolk coast!

It was a lovely day at Minsmere yesterday - not only was it nice and sunny, it had warmed up to the point where I had to disappear to strip off my thermals!  I only had time and energy for one hide, which was Island Mere - happily, one of my favourite birds was showing spectacularly well:

This is probably the most obliging little egret I've ever photographed!

I wouldn't want to find myself on the receiving end of that beak.

Greylag geese have got the subtle pose down to a fine art.

That also applies when they're in the water!

Two young swans take off.  Beautiful.

It was wonderful hearing Mediterranean gulls overhead but even better to be able to distinguish them from the black-headeds!

A gorgeous siskin in the rhododendron walk.

Back at the Visitor Centre a new arrival advised us of an interesting sighting in the car park:

A black redstart!  I'd never seen one before so I was very happy to see this female.

The only problem was she kept having to move as a robin kept chasing her!

Oh dear ......... fast running out of fence!

The security detail was enjoying a preening break.

A blue tit prepares to dive on the feeders.

Mrs Blackbird pauses as she hunts for worms.

Finishing with Mr Chaffinch and his glowing colours.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Great selection of birds Clare and how wonderful to see the beautiful Redstart;  I imagine all the birds will be hunkering down today if your weather is anything like we have !  Having said that the birds are super hungry so I keep chucking out more food on ground (which is something I rarely do) and refilling feeders so they get enough to sustain them over these cold days and particularly nights.

Regards, Hazel 

• The change in the weather is unbelievable.  We were in double figures yesterday - today, the wind chill has brought it down to -9!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• We haven't got above 1 degree and weather has changed so many times I can't keep up  lol     Blue sky, sunshine, heavy cloud, blizzard snow and back to blue sky and sunshine now !  

Regards, Hazel 

• Blimey, you've got blue sky?  Oh well, at least we had it yesterday.

• Here in Essex we ha light snow, bitter cold winds, now the roads & pavements are covered in snow. More overnight

J

• Great photos again Clare

• Claire M said:

Here in Essex we ha light snow, bitter cold winds, now the roads & pavements are covered in snow. More overnight

I've just been reading the latest from Rainham Marshes - I get the impression Essex has had worse weather than we've had.

I'm sure we'll get to Spring eventually ............!

• Here in Clacton, we got off lightly, unlike some parts of the country.

J