A few from a gloriously sunny, springlike Minsmere yesterday!

Strangely enough I've just been reading Ian's latest blog, which highlights the beautiful colours which can be found on the reserve.  Having gone through my photos I can only agree with him:

I love goldfinches.  They look like they should be somewhere more tropical.

Greylag geese aren't massively colourful (apart from those lovely, pink beaks!) but they can't half make a noise.

A few of the many wigeons wintering here.

Not a lot to do except eat ......... and sleep!

Especially on such a beautiful day.

A gleaming lapwing.

Redshanks are highly appropriately named birds!

Those red legs reflect very well.

A mute swan decides to interrupt the colour by coming through the Scrape in stunning white.

A lapwing comes in to land.

I got a surprise when I saw this - it's the first time I've seen a redshank swimming across the water.  Usually they fly, shouting their heads off.

Two greylags flying companionably, with those pink beaks in clear view.

Two for joy!  One magpie ............

........ followed, colourfully, by another.  Beautiful.

I couldn't resist this third magpie near the sluice!

The public viewing platform is a brilliant place to see stonechats.

The male mallard had hidden his most beautifully coloured feature but they still looked gorgeous as they chilled out together.

This great black-backed gull didn't care if he lacked colour - a bird of his presence merited being in front of all the others!

He takes good care of his strikingly contrasting feathers - and so he should.  He may not know how magnificent he looks in flight but I certainly do.

One of a few starlings takes a few moments to check out the other birdlife.

A moorhen charges purposefully across the water.

I almost missed this quiet robin trying to stay out of sight near the East Hide ............ gotcha!

I wish these two curlews had been closer.

Finishing with this less than colourful but suitably fluffy rabbit.

As always I hope you enjoy looking at this thread.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Wonderful set of photos and species Clare and lovely flight shots too,  it's nice to see the sunshine for a change and looks like you had a blue sky :)   Curlews are one of my favourite wading birds and their call is haunting,   also the whistling Wigeons  !    I love birds  ....... and Bugs  (as in Bugs Bunny in last photo ) lol

Regards, Hazel