A busy afternoon on Minsmere's feeders!

After yesterday's sightings-fest I took it easy this afternoon, taking time to snap the birds on the feeders as I stood on the Reception desk.  We didn't had any unusual birds turn up but I thought the usual suspects would make a nice thread:

One of our smallest birds, a coal tit.

Nothing small about its appetite!

I love seeing the equally small marsh tit on our feeders.  A fair number of our visitors express surprise that we've got one coming so close to the Visitor Centre.

Crunch!

From the smallest tit on our feeders to the biggest.  The blue tit looks warily down at the great tits - not that I blame it.

'Look at me!'

It's off!

Our marsh tit is back!

It grabs a mouthful and prepares to scarper.

Mr Chaffinch is looking nice and bright in the darkening conditions.

This expressive female blackbird came really close to me.  Isn't she beautiful?

I'm finishing with this beautifully marked dunnock.

Enjoy, as always.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lovely selection, Clare. The Marsh Tit is still on my list of birds yet unseen.!!

My bird photos HERE

• It's great to see the birds enjoying the seed treats, with these colder days I'm sure they are welcoming that supply.  Lovely photos Clare, that's such a sweet pic of the female blackbird and as you say the Dunnock is so pretty.   Had to laugh at GT's take off action  !!    

Regards, Hazel 

• The bird feeder outside the visitors centre and café are so much fun with a camera. The one outside the café is were I try different shutter speeds and just getting to know around my camera.

Great set of photos Clair.

My Flickr. Photos link HERE