This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Hi Clare, if you go to the right hand side of the text box, there is a small white box with a little down arrow in it, if you hold this down you will see all the options you need. Hope this helps.

Claire

• Thanks, Claire!  Hope you're OK.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Mrs. T or other moderator: Please look at the Members' list (LG Osprey Group). People's full names are being displayed with their screen names. I never authorized the site to show my full name. 

I went to Settings and unchecked the box so that my name would not be displayed in the Members' list. However, the site simply restored my setting to the default. It re-checked the box. I don't see any button to save changes?

I've also changed my Notification settings three times, but it keeps restoring them to the default.

Please investigate the problem with the Members' list.  Thank you very much. 

• Jennifer T said:

Hi Clare, if you go to the right hand side of the text box, there is a small white box with a little down arrow in it, if you hold this down you will see all the options you need. Hope this helps.

Claire

Hi Claire
    It seems very easy to make the wrong choice using this facility. While experimenting with editing, I accidentally reported myself for abuse over this harmless post of a video showing a school of mullet!
    If you select "report abuse" - whether intentionally or not - it appears the report is sent immediately, with no requirement to explain why you are reporting the post, as before. I suspect there will be a lot of accidental reports.  
  • I can't see a way of going into our posts and editing them - I can't see a yellow triangle, either.  Are we all still able to do this?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Glad to see that you realise its so sloooow....  I have to keep going off to do other things whilst my posts load, or I wait to change the pages!!

Am also concerned about privacy and safety, as the Members details seem to be displayed.

• The same problem with names being displayed occurs if you hold the cursor over your picture indent on all posts. ie if I hold the cursor over Mrs T's picture I can see her name at the bottom of the screen!!

• As an experiment I tried to upload a photograph. If you upload a file held on your computer the size appears to be restricted to 64kb and anything larger fails. However, I can insert quite large files (at least 2Mb) direct from Flickr.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Hi Mrs T(Claire)

Thank you for keeping us updated...

Apart from the slooooooow

I also have had to go back and reduce the size of my Photos, which have not changed  on my computer since before the maintenance.

Also I have no white box on the LOTL site just edit tags..so had to make a new thread.Now sorted:-Ha!!! Found how to EDIT... Hover mouse ......top right>Black arrow>dropdown Box>select Edit.....Whay Hay!!!!

Will try and make a link on LOTL to here to save everyone running round. Doh!! ( Now done )

(showing off now Ha!)

• Unknown said:
    I failed to link to a Flickr photo and to be honest I'm considering not bothering much with Flickr anyway after their "Improvements".

Just to show it can be done, Bob.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream