Everything comes to she who waits :)

After a disastrous gremlin filled day yesterday I was determined to get out there again with the LTT's and hand feed them pastry;   although they did take the food from my hand their feet remained on the twig but got close enough to show you how tame they are becoming.    I probably had too much pastry on my hand for them to land and if I used tinier amounts they would probably have come right onto my hand like one did the other day to take the pastry,  anyway,  here are this morning shots ....           and I can now breathe a sigh of relief  LOL

and now Billy's mate   LOL

and one for bottoms up !

Regards, Hazel 

• I love watching jackdaws, they can be so entertaining!  I nicknamed one of ours Jumpy a while ago as he is extremely so.  You would swear our shed roof doubled as a trampoline after watching this bird!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks Alan,   I was beginning to feel so guilty today at attempting to hand feed them but as you say, if I was to make any sudden movement they would be off like a flash !   I usually have to remain pretty still for them to stay on or near my hand.    

Regards, Hazel 

• LOL Clare, the Jackdaws, like most Corvids seem to get spooked so easily;  even from 80ft away they see a door open and they are off in flight mode.     I now have an image of your Jackdaws jumping up and down on the shed roof   !!!!

Regards, Hazel 

• Our neighbourhood's dominant crow isn't so easily spooked - it's partly how we recognise him.  It did take a very long time to gain his trust, though it's been worth it - last year he brought his young down, as if to demonstrate that it was safe to feed in our garden.  That felt great!  The only downer is that I suspect this crow is the reason the jackdaws are so jumpy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Oh, how wonderful that must have felt Clare;    it certainly takes a huge amount of patience and time for the birds to get to know you and trust you.....    it took a while with the LTT's but now most of the birds are used to that strange being in the pink fleece jacket   LOL,   the BT's  always wait in the far tree until I have gone, they would never come down like the Long Tails   !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Our least nervous birds are the robins, blackbirds and the pied wagtail.  I can't get as close to the wagtail as I can the robin and blackbird, but it merits a mention because it's such a feisty bird!  It will feed near the crow and it also managed to chase off a herring gull by attacking its feet!

• LOL, didn't know Wagtails were feisty !    It's the Nuthatches in our garden that are the bossy little devils, diving into the dish to clear off other feeding birds and snapping like a dog and baring its beak  if any bird tries to gain access to the dish  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely photos Hazy, they trust you so much to be so near to you to feed.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Catlady,  it did feel like a privilege to be so close and I soaked up every second !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Birdie,   I just love these tiny birds who, for their size, have the courage of a lion and a charming character !

Regards, Hazel