Everything comes to she who waits :)

After a disastrous gremlin filled day yesterday I was determined to get out there again with the LTT's and hand feed them pastry;   although they did take the food from my hand their feet remained on the twig but got close enough to show you how tame they are becoming.    I probably had too much pastry on my hand for them to land and if I used tinier amounts they would probably have come right onto my hand like one did the other day to take the pastry,  anyway,  here are this morning shots ....           and I can now breathe a sigh of relief  LOL

and now Billy's mate   LOL

and one for bottoms up !

Regards, Hazel 

• we havent seen any here , we are 250 m above sea level in the peaks, when I lived down south in suffolk I had loads of them , do they prefer a milder climate?

• Evening Rosie,  they don't seem to mind snow, rain, wind, or sunshine  !   It was raining most of the day here and the LTT's were back and forth all day.

Regards, Hazel 

• Wow Hazel what patience you have.  I am still putting my pastry out in small amounts but all my birds are turning their beaks up at.  I will keep trying though as I have a huge block of it in the freezer.

• Hi Maria,  it does take a long time and a lot of patience waiting with the camera, sometimes for hours to get those shots but now they have the taste for pastry they seem to come down for it if they see me loading the twigs.      Most of the birds eat the pastry except for the Siskins who don't eat it at all, preferring the sunflower hearts instead.

Regards, Hazel