Plants, flowers and shrubs 2022; Share your photos here

After a successful thread started back in March 2020 at the start of the first lockdown, its probably about time to start a new one for 2022. Thank you to all for your contributions, no matter how small or big, each has been valuable and interesting, and hopefully you will continue to contribute to the 2022 thread.

The old thread: Plants, flowers and shrubs; Share your photos here can be viewed on the link below

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/206836/plants-flowers-and-shrubs-share-your-photos-here#pifragment-4313=1

I'll kickstart this thread with some snowdrops that have come out in flower, crocuses will be out in many places soon, and then daffodils, and many more to follow throughout the year, and it will be nice to see what wild or garden plants, flowers or shrubs you come across on your wanders or around your garden. Without these plants, flowers and shrubs, nature would struggle to survive, they all a part of the valuable cycle of life, insects need them, birds need the insects, and so on through to the mammals,

I mentioned daffodils, these shoots are growing very well among the snowdrops, and  it won't be long before the bluebells start showing shoots...

• Wow! You live and learn, but my knowledge is more aligned to 'vegetables' I can eat to cut my food bill. :)

So, I presume that the main genus is the White Deadnettle, as its 'flower' lasts for the longest period of the season? 'Sub-species' usually/often 'give up' an 'aspect' of/from the/their 'original genus' to enable a diversity that may improve a plant's ability to 'seed' the 'next generation' by attracting 'other pollinators' (e.g. More 'diverse/other' insects to pollinate the plants flower).
    To my understanding, there are varying degrees of 'spectra' that 'specific insects' can 'see' and this property of/for 'diversity' in the 'plant genus' demonstrates a genetic 'happenstance' to/for the survival of the genus.
    The 'survival' of the 'sub species' determines the 'viability' of the 'branching' from the main/original 'genus'. Your thoughts?

Best regards, Ray Dart (AKA suricat).
  • Saturday 12th November 2022

Hucclecote 

Ox eye Daisy

Bristly Ox Tongue 

Teasel

Bellflower 

Periwinkle 

• Sunday 13 November 2022

Stream on the way back

Herb Robert 

• Thursday 17th November 2022

I get Red dead-nettles in the garden 

found a few Red deadnettles left which is very interesting 

• I had an acident with my big wildflower pot outside. It had dirty rainwater in it so I poured it out but I poured it too far and the big lump of soil with the seedlings still in it fell out. When I tryed to pick it up it started to crumble. But I put the lump back in before it collapsed and the seedlings fall out then I put abit of exstra soil in the pot to fill in the small missing gap and watered the around the soil and made it wet in where the gap was to make the soil glue together more easily. The seedlings are still in tact so So hopefully that saves the seedlings. Only one fell out but I planted it in my border. As for the red dead nettle aparantly even though they can be found to October they can be seen into November aswell

• Snowdrops at Ickworth Park on 22nd Oct. 

Spotted quite a few of these on a walk around Dunwich Heath a week ago, Fly Agaric I think?

• Nice to hear from you again Tony, yep fly agaric I reckon. Snowdrops before any frost? Is that unheard of?!
  • Yes it is a Fly Agaric Tony. They start off round like a toffee apple, then open up like a flat plate, then the kids kick the tops off them! I have seen one survive and move into a cup shape. Nice shots of the Snowdrops too. Pretty early, but definitely Snowdrops.
  • Very confused Snowdrops .....weird.

Cin J

• I saw these when i went for a short walk to the stream 

Pot Marigold